Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Power Mac G5...WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Yes! (I'm using emphasis not to point at you, but to make it clear to anyone reading this that this info you're getting is incorrect and potentially harmful).

You should never install an application to anywhere other than your main OS drive. There is no need to partition it and it's definitely problematic if you install the application to a different partition than your OS.

Partitioning used to be more important - it's not so much these days unless you're using huge (1TB+) drives and then only if all the data you're accessing is on the same partition. This is ONLY useful for audio/video drives - partitioning the OS drive isn't necessary, nor does it help (unless, of course, you've got a specific need to partition, like you want a partition on your OS drive for specific data).
Thanks for the info. I will keep my drive as is. Will keep you posted when I get a fresh start with PT8.