Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Kontakt 3 and Pro Tools 8 As Of Now - Yes/No?

Wanting to purchase PT8 to be a few steps ahead, for the purposes of learning it inside and out to teach it. At the same time, if I purchase this, I want to make sure I have the ability to run my most important plug flawlessly - Kontakt 3.

Some people say they have it working, others say no, still others say use Structure LE and that's it (a program I'm trying to rid myself of). So what's the verdict?

Does it work or no? Or is this something we will have to wait until 8.1 for?

Thanks in advance.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Kontakt 3 and Pro Tools 8 As Of Now - Yes/No?

Most are waiting and crossing their fingers that Kontakt 3.5 which will be hopefully released sometime in Q1 2009 will be the Kontakt that works flawlessly with Pro Tools.
Until then it's hit or miss with Kontakt 2 or 3.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:44 PM

We have similar set ups. Do you also own Kontakt 3? Thanks for the information by the way. I am anxious to get into PT8. The MIDI window, work flow improvements and extra functionality is very enticing.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 12-27-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epu View Post
We have similar set ups. Do you also own Kontakt 3? Thanks for the information by the way. I am anxious to get into PT8. The MIDI window, work flow improvements and extra functionality is very enticing.
No, I don't have Kontakt. I'm anxiously waiting for 3.5 to be released in hopes it will be working great as an RTAS Pro Tools 8 plugin. I won't invest in Kontakt till then. It is a powerful VI and if it's working like a dream with Pro Tools 8, then it will be a treat.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Interesting conclusion on your behalf. Kontakt runs for me without issue in Pro-Tools 7.4. I have both version 3.0 (Desktop) and 3.02 (Laptop). Interestingly enough (and everyone here will scold me for doing so). I am able to get Kontakt running with 32 track mixes off the system drive (Laptop). That and the laptop is strictly an M-Box Micro affair.

Kontakt 3.5 is supposedly going to take advantage of the 64 bit realm.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 AM

Hi Epu,

I've PT8 and Kontakt 3.0.2 working flawlessly here.
I have to admit that I did not do big sessions yet, but the basics (loading the plugin, playing sounds, assigning outputs) work perfectly so far.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 AM

So can anyone confirm if running Kontakt 2 and/or Kontakt 3 runs smoothly in PT8? I'm interested in, for example, running a dozen instruments and if it does it okay....
Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 AM

I am running Komplete 4 with Kontakt 2 on PT8. I have updated to the latest Kontakt 2. It is one of my favorite plugs. I continue to get the DFD shutdown (then close PT8 or it crashes and I have to restart). It seems that it only happens when I try to deactivate the track and then reactivate it (like I bounced then wanted to change a note on the midi track or something). It is speratic but very annoying. I have tried everything.

I am running the upgrade to Komplete 4 (Komplete 5) on my other system running PT7.4 cs7. It has Kontakt 3 and ALL the latest updates. I don't seem to have any problems with it but have not installed PT8 on it yet. I am waiting for the bugs to be fixed.

I know there is an issue with Kontakt(xx...whatever) and protools that we have been dealing with (power users of Kontakt anyway). Native Instruments knows about it and hopefully they will son have a new build.

If you are not having any issues and making money I have the saying "If it aint broke don't fix it".

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 PM

ANDDDDD as you all said, almost NO Native Instruments products are compatible with PT8 which means I'll be using my hardware synths for quite some more time until NI releases updates. The minute I took off my NI VIs off of the inserts, the AUTOSAVE isssue dissappeared almost entirely. This didn't happen on my laptop becuase I never used any NI instrument.

Even with Battery, I got clicks and occasional pops. I find this weird because I have some old, OUTDATED plug ins on my computer and they ALL work. I think I may do a clean reinstall of everything soon anyway and follow all of the guidlines.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epu View Post
ANDDDDD as you all said, almost NO Native Instruments products are compatible with PT8 which means I'll be using my hardware synths for quite some more time until NI releases updates. The minute I took off my NI VIs off of the inserts, the AUTOSAVE isssue dissappeared almost entirely. This didn't happen on my laptop becuase I never used any NI instrument.

Even with Battery, I got clicks and occasional pops. I find this weird because I have some old, OUTDATED plug ins on my computer and they ALL work. I think I may do a clean reinstall of everything soon anyway and follow all of the guidlines.
That's not what everyone said - many are running K3 - myself included - on PT8 without any issues. If I run into one, I find a workaournd - the sounds are just that good, worth a little extra trouble. The only hardware synth I have is the XP80 - at the time it was new, one of the best. Now, softare sounds blow it away - still a decent controller tho.