Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  ē  Community Terms of Use  ē  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  ē  Community Search  ē  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Franklyn Franklyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 239
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Over on the GS thread about the new Reason there's a fellow who had supposedly has delay compensation issues running Reason Rack inside Patchwork because he runs Harrison Mixbus as his daw and it doesn't support vst3.

It's a shame Reason isn't available in au now although that's coming. I have to wonder if that version would be better than trying to use the vst version in Patchwork in PT on a Mac.

Which version of Patchwork are you using - the synth version or the regular plugin version? Try the other version instead of what you're using now and see what happens. When you say you only see a part of the gui when reopening are you saying the Reason window has shrunk to a smaller size where you see the whole gui or are you only seeing a small portion of the whole Reason gui?
Its the same in synth and normal BC PW version.
Its absolute unusable. because you can nit change anything after closing the GUI one time.
It looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opening ReasonRack.jpg (42.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reopening ReasonRack GUI.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Franklyn Franklyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 239
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Patchwork 2.4.1 (latest)
OSX 10.13.6

Next problem, closing PW (stand alone) or unloading the BC PW plug in always crashes PW or the DAW.

You can see the GUI error also in this video. This man works in MPC studio with Patchworks and when he reopened the GUI at 3:35 & 5:35 the plug in is no more usable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxEaFXBOlk

Last edited by Franklyn; 10-06-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,658
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Patchwork 2.4.1 (latest)
OSX 10.13.6

Next problem, closing PW (stand alone) or unloading the BC PW plug in always crashes PW or the DAW.

You can see the GUI error also in this video. This man works in MPC studio with Patchworks and when he reopened the GUI at 3:35 & 5:35 the plug in is no more usable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxEaFXBOlk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Its the same in synth and normal BC PW version.
Its absolute unusable. because you can nit change anything after closing the GUI one time.
It looks like this:
This is a freakin' nightmare. Reason Studios stepped in it big time with this 'update'.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-07-2019, 02:17 PM
Franklyn Franklyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 239
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

I reported the bug at propellerheads and at Blue Cat Audio support.
BCA answered me that they are in touch with the Reason support team to find out what the problem is.
... nothing heard from Propellerheads by now :)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,658
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I reported the bug at propellerheads and at Blue Cat Audio support.
BCA answered me that they are in touch with the Reason support team to find out what the problem is.
... nothing heard from Propellerheads by now :)
Thanks for reporting this to the parties involved. Blue Cat people are good people and they've helped me in the past. Recommended. Not so recommended are the Propheads - they get back to you when they feel like and don't really care about their end users. Have you also mentioned the latency bug? Turns out to a fellow over at GS he found out there's a 64 sample latency in the Reason Rack that's not getting reported to Patchwork and hence on to one's daw.

And we still don't know if the Propheads are going to do an aax version. Hell they don't even have an au version though supposedly it's being worked on.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-08-2019, 09:04 AM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for reporting this to the parties involved. Blue Cat people are good people and they've helped me in the past. Recommended. Not so recommended are the Propheads - they get back to you when they feel like and don't really care about their end users. Have you also mentioned the latency bug? Turns out to a fellow over at GS he found out there's a 64 sample latency in the Reason Rack that's not getting reported to Patchwork and hence on to one's daw.

And we still don't know if the Propheads are going to do an aax version. Hell they don't even have an au version though supposedly it's being worked on.

Reason number 37 why I'm sticking with version 9.5 for now. Unless and until there's AAX and the other issues are addressed...fuggitabutit!
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-12-2019, 05:14 AM
Franklyn Franklyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 239
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for reporting this to the parties involved. Blue Cat people are good people and they've helped me in the past. Recommended. Not so recommended are the Propheads - they get back to you when they feel like and don't really care about their end users. Have you also mentioned the latency bug? Turns out to a fellow over at GS he found out there's a 64 sample latency in the Reason Rack that's not getting reported to Patchwork and hence on to one's daw.

And we still don't know if the Propheads are going to do an aax version. Hell they don't even have an au version though supposedly it's being worked on.
The Propellerhead Team answered that the do not test the Rack in BC PW. Only in "native" DAWs.

I found a solution useing the Reason 11 Rack in PT with DDMF Metaplugin. I remember that I also own this :) and it works very fine.

Anyway, I hope BlueCat will find a solution on there side because I love the PW concept more than megaplugin
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-12-2019, 12:32 PM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

I have to say I don't get the business decision making process at Propellerheads...or whatever they're calling themselves these days. Until now Reason has been considered a DAW, with full DAW capabilities. When Reason decided to add VST hosting with ver 9.5, it made sense, especially for those who use Reason as a DAW. For those of us, like many of us here, who primarily used Reason via Rewire hosted in Pro Tools, we really, really wanted to see Reason allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode.



Now with Ver 11, Reason appears to be de-emphasizing the DAW aspect of Reason, and offering it up as another plugin...or more accurately plugin host. Yet, you still can't host VST's in the new Rack.



Its like at every decision point they figured out how to frustrate the greatest number of users!



I'm not going to upgrade anything unless and until Reason comes out AAX with VST hosting in the rack. It just can't be that hard to pull off.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:16 PM
simon.a.billington simon.a.billington is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 756
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I have to say I don't get the business decision making process at Propellerheads...or whatever they're calling themselves these days. Until now Reason has been considered a DAW, with full DAW capabilities. When Reason decided to add VST hosting with ver 9.5, it made sense, especially for those who use Reason as a DAW. For those of us, like many of us here, who primarily used Reason via Rewire hosted in Pro Tools, we really, really wanted to see Reason allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode.

Now with Ver 11, Reason appears to be de-emphasizing the DAW aspect of Reason, and offering it up as another plugin...or more accurately plugin host. Yet, you still can't host VST's in the new Rack.

Its like at every decision point they figured out how to frustrate the greatest number of users!

I'm not going to upgrade anything unless and until Reason comes out AAX with VST hosting in the rack. It just can't be that hard to pull off.
I kind of understand to some respect. The DAW market has quite a few entries and a lot of competition. Then there is the emerging ďmodularĒ completion as well. They must have had I high demand in numbers to want them to integrate Reason as a plugin. Those numbers also demonstrate how people want to be using Reason and itís not as a DAW...generally speaking. Which has got to hurt those who put time and effort into mastering Reasonís DAW capabilities.

I never got into Reason unfortunately. I have had Reaktor for a number of years and still havenít used it much!! I hope to change it soon, but it has such a high learning curve, which Iím okay with, Iím just very time poor. Thank god they introduced the modular approach though.

Anyway, this new approach for Propellerheads doesnít have to mean itís the end of things, I believe itís the opposite. I believe itís the start of something new and even more fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-13-2019, 08:12 AM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,106
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

[QUOTE=simon.a.billington;2544371]... Which has got to hurt those who put time and effort into mastering Reasonís DAW capabilities.[QUOTE]


Well, it'll still have DAW capability for those who want to continue to use it as such. But, it does mean, I think, that going forward, less will be put towards improving DAW capabilities and more on improving it as a plugin or VI.



Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Anyway, this new approach for Propellerheads doesnít have to mean itís the end of things, I believe itís the opposite. I believe itís the start of something new and even more fantastic.

I would agree. But they seem to be stumbling over their own intentions. Since the release of 9.5 and VST hosting, many have reached out to the P-heads requesting that hosting be allowed with Reason in slave mode...the way most of us PT users employ Reason. Several here indicated they would jump on the upgrade if that happened. It never did. Now, Rewire is no longer a consideration. So why not release it as AAX as well as AU and VST, and allow for VST hosing in it? It would increase their potential market ten fold, maybe more.



Reason's rack is very unique in how easy it is to structure and and create multi-layered patches. I've said repeatedly that if they allowed VST hosting in the rack with Reason in slave mode via Rewire (or now in the Rack version of Reason as AAX, for example), it would rival any other VI on the market. Heck, it would rival just about any other channel strip or multiple fx host.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reason 8.0 is coming DonaldM Virtual Instruments 2 08-11-2014 02:10 PM
MBOX, Reason 2.0, macbook, pro-tools 7.3 (no reason plug in) tahiti78 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 02-11-2008 09:11 AM
Upgrade PT Reason Adapted to FULL Reason ...Price? bluesigns 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 10-09-2003 08:04 AM
Reason Adapted etc. bundle - when are they coming? nosebleed 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 09-30-2003 08:11 PM
Reason Sync light not coming on! pmh3r 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 0 07-25-2002 03:00 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com