Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2015, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Is it really $599/yr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Support included in the Upgrade and Support Plan for Pro Tools HD is 24x7.
Can you provide a link where it states this? I have not found anything stating that.

Quote:
Support for Pro Tools follows the business hours you referenced, but I believe we are looking at expanding these hours.
Believing and actually expanding are two different things.

If people are paying for support, there needs to be support for later hours and weekends because if AVID can't support when people need it, it is hardly support.

I am sure there are many who can state that musicians don't hold "banker" hours and sessions often begin in late morning early afternoon, go late and run on weekends.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Support included in the Upgrade and Support Plan for Pro Tools HD is 24x7. Support for Pro Tools follows the business hours you referenced, but I believe we are looking at expanding these hours.
How about support during European or Australian business hours?
Will Avid have local support teams ready?
How will this be organized?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
To those of you with questions. They have no problem answering them for you. Here's how my experience went:
Well, there's a slice of reality for us all. Avid called me answered my questions and were fantastic! Wow. I have to say what a great experience. Jefro, sorry if I seemed short, Bill was a great source of information.

I had no technical problems just questions about the new program. They were all thoroughly and truthfully answered.

All of this in a matter of hours of putting in a support ticket.
That may well be all good for you, but I've been running PT11 since it came out. My ASC is no longer valid. But I'll try on Monday at 9:00 am PST and see where it goes. If I have to pay for that, I'll log the expense...

BTW, why aren't you willing to provide the answers to the questions you asked? Or if you did, do you have link to share so I can find it? I'm not going after you, I'm just trying to get some clarity for my (not so unique) situation.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:20 AM

Default Is it really $599/yr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
That may well be all good for you, but I've been running PT11 since it came out. My ASC is no longer valid. But I'll try on Monday at 9:00 am PST and see where it goes. If I have to pay for that, I'll log the expense...

BTW, why aren't you willing to provide the answers to the questions you asked? Or if you did, do you have link to share so I can find it? I'm not going after you, I'm just trying to get some clarity for my (not so unique) situation.

My answers are posted under the Licensing section. I'm on an ipad so it's not easy to paste my answers. If your ASC isn't working, contact Jefro and they will get it sorted out for you.

Do you have a problem with your rig? Maybe someone here can help you?

EDIT: Wait a minute? Did you upgrade your PT11 to the new support plan? If you are still on non-upgraded PT11 to the support plan, then yes, as it has been for years; your ASC is expired, you will have to buy another one. Only users on the support plan have unlimited online cases, one phone call a month.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 03-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
My answers are posted under the Licensing section. I'm on an ipad so it's not easy to paste my answers. If your ASC isn't working, contact Jefro and they will get it sorted out for you.

Do you have a problem with your rig? Maybe someone here can help you?

EDIT: Wait a minute? Did you upgrade your PT11 to the new support plan? If you are still on non-upgraded PT11 to the support plan, then yes, as it has been for years; your ASC is expired, you will have to buy another one. Only users on the support plan have unlimited online cases, one phone call a month.
That's the hitch, for me. I'm not going to buy a support plan to find out what AVID intends to do regarding HD and hardware (see sig), They will probably just tell me they haven't sorted it out yet and to wait for Moses to come down from the mountain. All I want to do is list it, for a the right price so I can sell it to someone with a clear conscience, and get away from this mess as soon as possible.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
All I want to do is list it, for a the right price so I can sell it to someone with a clear conscience, and get away from this mess as soon as possible.
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in this thread, but if you're selling it all, won't you just do a transfer of ownership for the hardware and the software will go with it?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/en363631

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in this thread, but if you're selling it all, won't you just do a transfer of ownership for the hardware and the software will go with it?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/en363631
Thanks for the response Drew. I was under the impression that Avid didn't have a policy in place any longer for this to take place. The Hardware is no longer under warranty, it's ~ 2 years old. I bought the HDX system before PT 11 | HD was released, with the upgrade on the account when it did. Avid has not advised what the policy for used HD systems are at this point, AFAIK, I don't know what to list it for. Also, what about firmware updates and support plans for the HW? Also, since CPTK users are in the same boat as HDN and HDX users regarding the software, where is the difference? Do I get to purchase a HW support plan? Does my buyer? If not, do I get unlimited 24/7 support for my hardware, just like my software? If not, do I have unsupported HW? I also have AAX DSP plugs, Eucon, and Artist Series to divest. Although that stuff could go on it's own.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the response Drew. I was under the impression that Avid didn't have a policy in place any longer for this to take place. The Hardware is no longer under warranty, it's ~ 2 years old. I bought the HDX system before PT 11 | HD was released, with the upgrade on the account when it did. Avid has not advised what the policy for used HD systems are at this point, AFAIK, I don't know what to list it for. I also have AAX DSP plugs, Eucon, and Artist Series to divest. Although that stuff could go on it's own.
The doc I referenced is from Jan 2015. It does mention that once you're on a support plan, it's not transferable but not before.

Yeah, the plugs and other hardware will be sold separately for sure. The main thing is to get the card and interfaces sold with the software as a package and do it properly with Avid's blessing so the new owner can proceed as they wish.

Hopefully Jeffro or Bruce will see this and clarify things ASAP.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Drew's info is correct. You need to read everything on the Transfer of Ownership page link he gave you (linked from the Support FAQ at the top of the forum), and also download and read the Attachment: Avid Audio TOO form 2015.pdf at the bottom of that page. That PDF has much more info and answers some of your additional questions.

For questions that are not answered that you have, there is information about how to contact Avid by phone or web, neither of which requires an ASC or support plan to ask questions about registration. An ASC is required to do the actual transfer of some systems, and that information is there as well.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Thank you both Drew and Bruce. I'll start on those items on Monday.