Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Upgrade: DV Toolkit > Complete Production Toolkit2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Alowe,

The problem is that when this question first came up, at the launch of PT10, Avid Tech Support got on here and said that the upgrade would be back, after fixing a few things on the website.

Now it has been all this time, and that's why people are frustrated. Because it was specifically promised by someone at Avid.

So the answer to the question is not "Yes" (as in, it's gone), but rather, "when will the upgrade be available again, as promised."
Ummmmm!! EXACTLY!! What are you trying to say that's different to what I'm saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjorte View Post
The Avid store site used to have this upgrade available: DV Toolkit > Complete Production Toolkit2. It was just under $400, I think. I can't find it today, after the launch of PT10. Is it gone?
That's a Yes/No question.

The answer was given in post 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Barry View Post
I just read through the replay of last night's web chat that Max Gutnik did with the AirUsersBlog site. The news is not good
9:15
Comment From MartyMartin
Is there still an upgrade path to complete production toolkit if you own DV toolkit 2 and the music production toolkit? I can't find it.
9:15
Max Gutnik:
@ Marty - those upgrades are over.
Most other posts are expressing the same frustration that I am.

Maybe AVID is saying we're SOL.

Maybe they've drawn a line that they think is the difference between a pro and someone who plays with audio as a hobby. Why would a hobbyist care about needing the complete toolkit upgrade? Why would a hobbyist need an upgrade option because they won't know how to use it?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Read this. What side of the line do you think Avid is on?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveden...-in-the-world/
Old 12-28-2011, 02:05 PM

"If he did not want them to be shorn he would not have made them to be sheep..."

A little creativity is required to find that little bit of wool that's still left in the nooks and crannies on the flock...

RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM

Another not so reassuring report direct from Avid:

12/28/2011 12:08 PM
Hello Mr. Ward,

Unfortunately the crossgrade from DVTK2 to Complete Production Toolkit has been discontinued and is no longer available.

If you have any questions please call us at 650-731-6100 and choose option 2 for Product Registration & Customer Support between the hours of 8am-5pm PST Monday-Thursday & 8am-4pm PST Friday so we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Avid Customer Service Administration
Avid Customer Service US
Phone: (650) 731-6100
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post
Read this. What side of the line do you think Avid is on?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveden...-in-the-world/
Surely, you present this question as rhetorical.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-28-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideward View Post
Another not so reassuring report direct from Avid:

12/28/2011 12:08 PM
Hello Mr. Ward,

Unfortunately the crossgrade from DVTK2 to Complete Production Toolkit has been discontinued and is no longer available.

If you have any questions please call us at 650-731-6100 and choose option 2 for Product Registration & Customer Support between the hours of 8am-5pm PST Monday-Thursday & 8am-4pm PST Friday so we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Avid Customer Service Administration
Avid Customer Service US
Phone: (650) 731-6100
So if you can't upgrade your PT 9 software to PT 10, what makes us think that we will be able to upgrade CPTK 10 to CPTK 11? If this is the case we might as well just wait for 11. If there is no incentive to upgrade your software and they make you just buy in completely from scratch with every update then who is going to update when new releases come out.

Avid is a disaster
Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxhole View Post
Avid is a disaster
Yes.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM

No Longer Available ... where is the official announcement ? why the silent treatment ? Man Up guys ... this is business not personal ... state your intention to discontinue a product and do it. not this way, this is chicken _ _ _ _.

the only thing I see missing is the Disk Cache option ... what else is missing from the CPTK that is Not in PT10 ? I speak ignorantly here, as I only HAVE DVTK ...

I assume now that Avid knows many folks want this so they decided to discontinue it ... I like others have a shelf full of software that is now included in PT or dropped altogether ...

When Max said it was not coming back, why did Avid not back him up ... Max used to be my sales guy at GC many moons ago. great guy, but that is not the way to help your guys out Avid ...

Avid, you ask or welcome our opinions here but then you act like a spoiled kid and clam up ... weird behavior for sure ...

I am not going to stop using Avid products, I will just be Extremely Cautious about my dealings and purchases from Avid in the future ...

remember they do the same thing with the Air Instruments ... they put out a product that is not fully developed, use us as continuing Beta testers, never put out a fix for Issues, then charge for an upgrade that has the fixes in it ... can anyone say Structure ... LOL

yes, I own all these products and use them. so, I drink the Koolaid and go back for seconds ...

hi Avid, how about a little love for the 99%

cheers

and happy new year bitches .. john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 12-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Avid

Hi everyone,

We apologize for any confusion that may have been created by some of the older posts in this thread.
At this point in time, Avid has discontinued the cross-grade from DVTK2 to CPTK2.

Thank you for your understanding.

--------------------------------------------
2/28/12 update: The Complete Production Toolkit Upgrade is back!

Last edited by Avid; 02-28-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Complete Production Toolkit Upgrade is available again.
Closed Thread