Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-06-2018, 02:52 AM

Default Need to record on 64 Samples

Hey Guys I just bought a new MacBook from 2016. It has 1 TB of storage and 16 GB RAM. When I want to record it always tells me to increase buffer size due to high CPU Usage. This makes no sense for me as I have closed all other programs and inly have like three other audio tracks.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Need to record on 64 Samples

Hi, welcome to the community!

Please read the Help Us Help You document that is linked to the forum header
Old 01-06-2018, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Need to record on 64 Samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonun View Post
Hey Guys I just bought a new MacBook from 2016. It has 1 TB of storage and 16 GB RAM. When I want to record it always tells me to increase buffer size due to high CPU Usage. This makes no sense for me as I have closed all other programs and inly have like three other audio tracks.
Its your Focusrite Scarlett Solo which cannot handle 64 samples finally. Its not about the computer itself. Increase the buffer to 128.

Further make sure you have built a "Pro Tools Aggregate Device" in the Audio/Midi-Set up of your Macbook out of your Scarlett Solo
Inputs and your Scarlett Outputs.

Otherwise you will not be able to use the Scarlett Solo for the Ins and Outs at the same time in Pro Tools which will not allow you to
use it properly.

This is a known problem with the 2nd Gen Scarlett Solo and Focusrite support themselves tell the user to do so. Check it out.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395849

If you still have the 1st Gen Scarlett Solo you have to face the fact that this little guy cannot work decently at 64 samples. Even its
bigger brother the 1st Gen 2i2 could not handle any stuff by settings lower than 128 samples.

Finally make sure to have set up all the optimization stuff in your macOS for Pro Tools.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en367983

The best of success to you.