Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > System 5

Old 07-03-2016, 08:39 AM

Default URGENT HELP: Article missing on KB: replacing internal hard drive in S5MC

Hi all -- from the bowels of my S5MC this morning I am hearing what can only be described as the unmistakable "clicking of death" sound coming from the S5MC's internal hard drive. Remarkably, I am still able to use the console, so it hasn't completely crashed yet, but I need to get on this ASAFP before it completely eats it.

There are a bunch of threads on the DUC about the software process to replace/update/reimage the S5MC's operating system, but the article describing the PHYSICAL process of doing so is a broken link:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-on-an-MC-Pro

Anybody happen to have a copy of that article lying around somewhere that they could share or point me to? Just hoping to deal with this before the whole system goes down.

Thanks!
Matt