Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2015, 09:34 AM

Default Please fix the Avid website!

Even the survey pop-up is seriously broken. It won't accept feedback unless you fill it out completely yet it resets its self so you can't fill it out completely. This is insanity.

Everybody talks about what Avid ought to do. Top of my list is to get all hands on deck and make fixing this website Avid's top priority over everything else. It literally must to be costing Avid millions of dollars in both sales and stockholder equity.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Please fix the Avid website!

Sorry about this! Are you referring to the "foresee" survey? What platform & browser are you using?

I'm looking into the other survey issue so will tackle this one as well.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:27 AM

I finally got the forsee survey to work using the new Microsoft edge browser.

Once again, the reference manual sent me to the website for some session file compatibility information but there was absolutely no way to find it. No professional is likely to waste their time more than a few times looking for anything. Must the DUC be our ONLY source of information mixed in with all of the misinformation? I'm very worried about the talk of a new forum. As it is, the DUC is a thousand times more useful than the Media Composer forums have ever been.

Salesforce appears to be managing all of this stuff. Based on what we see, they are incompetent and are completely destroying everybody's confidence in Avid as well as wasting Avid's professional customers' time.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:30 AM

The website is not intuitive at all.
While logged in i navigated around and not once was there a "go back to account" tab.
So you have to initially open a new page/tab or go to your history to go back to account.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Indeed. It is impossible to find anything quickly. I have better luck googling and that gives me a link to the Avid site. Also, there is conflicting/out-dated information on same product many times. It's next to impossible to find the licensing/subscriptions options for Avid products without google. That should be front and center on the website or at least be a tab on the pro tools page. AVid has, by far, the worst website of any company in the audio/visual field.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Everybody talks about what Avid ought to do. Top of my list is to get all hands on deck and make fixing this website Avid's top priority over everything else. It literally must to be costing Avid millions of dollars in both sales and stockholder equity.
Definitely agree with this.

I'm one of the few (crazy fools?) to want to go to 12HD. I have tried about 6 times to buy the upgrade plan for 12HD (I have 2 11HD licenses and tons of Avid kit) on the website and failed. I started a thread about it previously. Navigating the website generally is hopeless, it took a while to even find the page to attempt the purchase in the first place.

Pete
Old 09-14-2015, 04:56 PM

avid website has progressively been getting worse over the last few years .. since Digidesign was gobbled up .. a lot of dead end's .. i agree with bob, no professional is going to waste time looking more than a few minutes .. this is just another breakdown in communication with Customer Base .. i can just hope that this will get resolved soon !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 AM

My new insurance to find stuff is to save the gems at Pocket, so later I can easily recall them just like bookmarks. This huge merged site is not good, not intuitive.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:52 PM

Yes fix the website and while you are at it fix the marketing department as well.