Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Question Midi notes double

For some reason every time i record with my Axiom 49 into Pro Tools every single note is doubled. For instance, i hit a key and everything sounds fine, but when i playback and look in the MIDI EDITOR there is actually two notes. One is the note i played which is the longest one, and the doubled note is a very tiny tiny note that looks like an x inside the bubbled midi note. This does it with every note i press. Only in Pro Tools. I cant quantize because it throws everything off. I have to go in, slide each note i want to keep over and delete the "bad" note underneath it. Yes, it doubles but starts at the same exact time as the "good" note.

Any thought on whats going on?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Midi notes double

Someone else asked about this recently - I think someone suggested that it's got to do with the recording of SYSEX data while you're performing.

There's a setting somewhere to switch this off.

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:54 PM

.... here's the thread :

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...72#post1550672

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Avid

This could be a couple things.

Check your 'Default MIDI Thru Instrument' in Preferences>MIDI - try changing it to something else.

Make sure you don't have more than 1 zone enabled causing the keyboard to send more than 1 note out simultaneously. You can test this by limiting the input tab of the track you're recording to to a specific device and MIDI channel.

Make sure you don't have MIDI echo enabled.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Make sure you don't have more than 1 zone enabled causing the keyboard to send more than 1 note out simultaneously. You can test this by limiting the input tab of the track you're recording to to a specific device and MIDI channel.
You mean instead of having the input set to the default "All" ?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This could be a couple things.

Check your 'Default MIDI Thru Instrument' in Preferences>MIDI - try changing it to something else.

Make sure you don't have MIDI echo enabled.
It seems that (when using the mini grand) if i assign it to channel 1, i only get the first half of the keyboard and if i assign it to channel 3 i only get the second half. I only get doubled notes when using the "ALL" but i cant use the whole keyboard if i assign it to 1 or 3. I think it might be some settings in the Axiom 49 thats causing this and not PT. I'm going to try to reset it and see what i can do by messing around with some more settings.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM

Ok, FIXED. I reset the Axiom 49 by holding the - and + on the numeric pad while powering on and i'm not getting the doubled notes anymore even leaving the midi channel on to "ALL".

But now i'm having trouble using the transport controls in Pro Tools. I set it up the same way i did before and it use to work. I pressed the recall button and selected 15, and made sure the midi slave was enabled in preferences. I can't get the play, record, stop, rewind and fastforward to work like it was.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:30 PM

Hi All - I know my reply is late; I just joined today.

I have this same problems with my Axiom 61 controller, using Pro Tools 11.x.
I don't have a solution which prevents the double notes from happening in the first place.
However, there appears to be a workaround for "cleaning up your MIDI track" once you've recorded and gotten the double notes. It's this:

Select the whole MIDI track. Now click in the menu : Event -> Remove Duplicate Notes

That should do the trick.

Kind Regards and God bless