Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Drum loops and ProTools

I'm new to ProTools, although I'm picking it up pretty quickly. I'm a simpleton bass player, performer, writer. I say "simpleton" because I've always been a "volume & tone" kind of guy who shy's away from the technical side of music production. I've been using a JV-880 for MIDI instruments, mainly drums, but I don't like it. I do like having the ability to sync them up to a click track. I'm researching libraries of drum loops for use with ProTools on a Mac. I know Acid has been producing drum tracks for years for PC, and I'm sure there are other companies with neat sounds. But I'm so "non-technical" that I don't know exactly the best, most economical and easiest way to go in trying to evaluate what I need. All I want is a library of real drums/percussion to drop into audio tracks along with my compositions. But I understand there are sample drum banks that can sync to MIDI signals like normal MIDI drum tracks. That's what I need. And I see lots of products that include drum samples, but many are part of other applications that may or may not go beyond what I need. Could someone suggest a product or products that would work for me? Is there a name for the type of "sync-able" samples I need? Is there a product like I'm describing made specifically for ProTools in this respect? Thanks in advance for your help.

EG
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Drum loops and ProTools

Do you want to write/create you own drum tracks & patterns, use pre-written patterns, or both?