Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Default MC Control losing connection

After a little while, the MC Control loses connection with PT. Or, I can usually control PT from the MC Control, but not the other way...all lights etc will just freeze.

Other times, MC Control will just "disconnect"...I can then move to another application, e.g. Finder, then go back and everything works again....for 10 seconds. Repeat, and the same happens.

Tried reinstalling etc.

Any ideas?

Mac 2010 8-core desktop, MC connected with cable to ethernet 1.
Eucon 2.6.2, latest OSX, and latest PT native.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Re: MC Control losing connection

I have the same thing, I have done a ton of the recomends on this and gear slutz, and from tech support. This worked great for months, now it is a nightmare. I don't know what else to do. Could it be a physical problem with these units? It seems that there is a rash of this disconnect problem all of a sudden. I have one of the originals and it is probably 3 years old.

cut
Old 07-15-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut View Post
I have the same thing, I have done a ton of the recomends on this and gear slutz, and from tech support. This worked great for months, now it is a nightmare. I don't know what else to do. Could it be a physical problem with these units? It seems that there is a rash of this disconnect problem all of a sudden. I have one of the originals and it is probably 3 years old.

cut
I bought mine in december 2011 (Control v2). Is your disconnect beaviour similar to the ones I described?

I also noticed THIS thread, so it seems it is not PT specific. Seems Eucon related. Are you using Mac? Curious if Windows users are having the same problems.

Did your problems surface only recently? Had the unit been working for a long time without these problems?

Avid/Euphonix need to recognice this!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 AM

Doing a little bit of investigating here.

Did you notice if you are recording around the time this happens? The last 5 times that I have paid attention to this I have always been in recording mode. I did a straight mix session in between when it didn't disconnect at all.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazan View Post
After a little while, the MC Control loses connection with PT. Or, I can usually control PT from the MC Control, but not the other way...all lights etc will just freeze.
I know this is different setup, but with my dual MC Mixes using Hui mode + Protools 8.05, I got these same symptons. Solution was to revert to v2.55. No problem since that.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM

My solution

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=322849
Old 07-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyg View Post
I'm using only an Artist Control, and connecting it directly to a desktop Mac's ethernet input though. I'll investigate a tiny bit more, and then I'll have to claim my money back. Unless someone finds out why all this diconnection/freeze behaviour happens...
Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 AM

Try this...
1. make sure EuControl is running and your device is connected
2. Go to System Preferences>Security and open the Firewall tab
3. Enable the Firewall... You should get about 3 messages in a row asking if you want to allow certain processes to happen. They have names like MC Client, EUCON... fairly obvious that it has to do with EUCON communication. Say Yes (or OK or Allow... whatever) to all of them.
4. Disable the Firewall

Don't know if that will work for you... I think it's a bug with Bonjour but it seems to work for most people.

D