Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Deleted posts!

I see digi has deleted some 6031 thread(s).I guess it's getting to hot in the kitchen for them.Interesting.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Deleted posts!

very dissappointing
Old 12-30-2009, 02:07 AM

I won't pay any single dollar for Avid software before they solve this problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 AM

say anything negative about their software and the moderators will delete your post. isn't this a forum to inform other users that there is potential problems with 8 . maybe save them from going through all the time and trouble that a lot of users have had. not counting the down time and loss of revenue. sell them a car boat home that has problems and see how quick they would be to knock down the dealerships door wanting something done. avid digi put on our shoes and walk around for a while see how it feels . next time you have a problem with crappy service from someone remember what you have been dishing out to your own customers
Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
say anything negative about their software and the moderators will delete your post.
That just ain't so... go over to the MAC HD forum. Must have been some blatant TOS violations. Digi, compared to other forums is very lenient. DigiTechSup was defending Logic for Gods sake!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 AM

again, very deppressing reading everyones problems. watching everyone get disgusted in the company we chose to use as our daw.

what do we do?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post

what do we do?
We keep busting their balls until they give us the product that we paid for.I hate bashing digi and what I hate more is investing 10's of thousands of my hard earned dollars on a system that constantly fails me,and to boot digi blaming it all on my system specs and not their programmers.7.4 was and is bulletproof on my system.8cs3 is a doable app in itself.8.0.1 and above is a complete failure on digi's part.If one works flawlessly on my system then they all should too.If not then digi needs to put a statement on their software stating that "all future upgrades will not be compatible with older versions hardware specs".........or something in that nature.Oh........and stop blaming us customers,that pisses me off more then anything.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:22 AM

I wouldnt worry too much. The 6031 posts will keep coming and coming. Digi/Avid took the stance on a past thread that there were only a few people complaining about the 6031's and it seemed like a bigger problem because the same people kept posting about it. As I've been noticing more and more people who's setups were working are out of nowhere getting the 6031's. It seems things work fine then a few weeks down the road 6031's start and then you can't get rid of them no matter what.

What I find odd is that Digi/Avid arent doing whatever it takes to keep their Windows based users happy. It should be a huge priority. The days of Apples being so much better are over, they should be embracing the Windows based users. The last thing they should want is people switching over to Apple, then realizing Logic is a solid option. Pro Tools biggest competition is Logic, which means Apple, why not at least solidify your Windows based users as a strong happy base. I don't know just my 2 cents.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:39 PM

I do not like it - bug can happen, but...
Old 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture Studios View Post
The last thing they should want is people switching over to Apple, then realizing Logic is a solid option.
Trust me, Logic ain't so solid. Go over to the Apple forum and check the Logic section. They're worse than we are. And ain't NO techs chiming in over there!

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...