Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Pro Tools | Dock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,122
Default Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:11 PM
bobbyguelz bobbyguelz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 100
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Hello Mr. Eddie Jones... thank the Lord for finally hearing from someone from Avid after the community has had no communication for such a long time.

We wish you the best... we really do. A lot of users just continually feel alienated by Avid's behavior and inability to truly listen to their pro users in Post.

Here's a video showcasing a very frustrating bug with the DOCK which occurs all day every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMT...ature=youtu.be

Here is also the thread which shows others having the same issue... as well as many other dock users in general commenting to me they have the same frustrating issue.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388036
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:08 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,122
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Thanks for the video, its worth a thousand words ! We'll look at this today and get back to you. Eddie
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Anthony_Anz Anthony_Anz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 191
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Hi Eddie, It's encouraging to finally hear something from AVID in very long time. I also have posted a video reviewing the dock and explaining some of my frustrations. This Dock as the potential to be an amazing tool if AVID would just squash the bugs and listen to it's pro users... Please review this as well. I'd love to do a follow up on this proclaiming that AVID has addressed the issues... Ball's in AVID's court...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpagO5GXi8

Here is my original thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389215
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2017, 01:38 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,122
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

I'll watch this tonight when I get home. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,122
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
Hi Eddie, It's encouraging to finally hear something from AVID in very long time. I also have posted a video reviewing the dock and explaining some of my frustrations. This Dock as the potential to be an amazing tool if AVID would just squash the bugs and listen to it's pro users... Please review this as well. I'd love to do a follow up on this proclaiming that AVID has addressed the issues... Ball's in AVID's court...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpagO5GXi8

Here is my original thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389215
Nice video ! There's not much we can do about the power switch but hopefully you will find the new knob ballistics a great improvement. I am looking at extending the monitoring capabilities of the Dock so will take into consideration your suggestion about the knob being assignable. As for the EQ/DYN graphs on the Control App...I too didn't realize they didn't make it. It is something I think should be done though but I can't promise a time scale yet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:29 AM
Anthony_Anz Anthony_Anz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 191
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Nice video ! There's not much we can do about the power switch but hopefully you will find the new knob ballistics a great improvement. I am looking at extending the monitoring capabilities of the Dock so will take into consideration your suggestion about the knob being assignable. As for the EQ/DYN graphs on the Control App...I too didn't realize they didn't make it. It is something I think should be done though but I can't promise a time scale yet.
Hi Eddie, thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I hope you can take some of the suggestions back to the team for consideration. I'm curious about your statement about the knob ballistics... does that mean AVID is addressing the non-linearity? -- cause that would be a huge step in the right direction.

As I mentioned the dock has the potential to truly be a much better tool. Please give me something to make an updated video about.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:51 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,122
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Yes the next release in April has the knobs fixed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
info@npp.co.uk info@npp.co.uk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 46
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Hi Eddie.

I'm currently using a D-Command with an XMon at home. I have an S3 and Dock and am considering replacing the D-Command. I see that you mention improving the monitoring capabilities. This is what's currently stopping me from switching. I have an S6 at my studio with an XMon and the implementation works ok, not great, but well enough until I upgrade to the MTRX. My question is if I switch to the S3 Dock combo will I have similar monitoring facilities to the D-Command?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Artis Artis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 51
Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes the next release in April has the knobs fixed.
Hi Eddie!
This warms my heart! These knobs for now stand untouched. Looking forward to it!
Is there planed ability to use these knobs for controlling Clip Effects? I am ok, to use trackball / mouse for plugins. I believe, its not easy to make 3rd party software to work with Eucon correctly. But these knobs assigned to clip effects as it is now a basic PT function, would speed things up for fast filtering and etc. on fly. Possibility to adjust Clip Effects without opening CF window would be great feature.
I am looking to invest in MTRX as well, and knowing how monitoring will be implemented with Dock would bring much more faith in purchase.

Best regards!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dock and Artist Mix next to each other picture mrtomcat Pro Tools | Dock 5 04-22-2017 10:30 AM
Toontrack Product Manager bradch00 Virtual Instruments 0 05-24-2016 09:15 AM
Advantages for S3 / Dock over Artist Series alk3997 Pro Tools | Dock 4 05-18-2016 02:17 AM
The Dock with the Artist Series KeyplayerG Artist Series 7 04-05-2016 10:14 AM
The Dock plus Artist Mix KeyplayerG Pro Tools | Dock 17 03-05-2016 08:28 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com