Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Current State of Exchange Program

I have an HD2 Accel system with 192 and Sync i/o looking to go to HD Native with an Omni. Apparently Avid offers absolutely no exchange deal for me to go to anything other than HDX (for $7000). The literally offer an Mbox user a better deal. They won't even let me apply a trade in for my 192 towards a Native system/Omni. There used to be an exchange program for this for $1500 - gone, and nothing at all remotely in it's place.

It gets better, too. They actually give an Mbox user $1000 off a Native system with Omni, but they won't give HD TDM system users anything. While Avid have had a consistent reputation for hosing their user base with their exchange deals, this is just insane. TDM users are treated worse than Mbox users - we're the same as a new customer coming in off the street. Disgraceful. Why would I stay with his company?

The incentive is for me to ditch Avid hardware all together, get an Apollo, and just upgrade my software. (I've used the Apollo on some sessions - works great). That way, in the future I'll only be fleeced for the software and I won't have to spend thousands of dollars on gear the company will phase out with no recourse.

I get that they want HDX users, but it's a brand new world and there are plenty of us that don't need it. Other people offer other products. Stay competitive or be gone. It's better to offer us what we actually need and want, than lose our business all together.