Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM

Default Automatically create subpath

Is it possible to disable it? Every time I create a new stereo aux and route to this track PT automatically makes mono subpaths which I never use and it only makes my bus list much longer.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Automatically create subpath

Yes. Uncheck this box
Old 02-28-2019, 03:26 AM

yes, but to do this I need to go to I/O settings window first and create a bus there. I had this box unchecked anyway. What I want to do is to create a new aux in mixer view, give it a name, select some audio tracks and select output->track->(name od my newly created aux). This way PT automatically creates a bus called the same as the aux, sets it as outputs for my audio tracks and as input for the aux. It's just the bus created this way has subpaths regardless the unchecked box in I/O settings

Last edited by MusicMadness; 02-28-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMadness View Post
yes, but to do this I need to go to I/O settings window first and create a bus there. I had this box unchecked anyway. What I want to do is to create a new aux in mixer view, give it a name, select some audio tracks and select output->track->(name od my newly created aux). This way PT automatically creates a bus called the same as the aux, sets it as outputs for my audio tracks and as input for the aux. It's just the bus created this way has subpaths regardless the unchecked box in I/O settings
I am curious about this as well...

and indeed - even if "Auto-Create Sub Paths" is UNCHECKED - when I create a new aux in the mixer window... it does create these messy mono sub paths i do not want.

any fix? or a future bug fix?

thx.