Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2008, 01:18 AM

Default Elastic audio - remaining questions

Elastic audio - remaining questions that I have not been able to easily understand or find answers to:

1) When do I want to use samples vs ticks?

2) When I've totally got the drums tweaked as I like them how can I consolidate them to sort of freeze them in place so I don't have to worry about them getting messed up (without bouncing).

3) Should I do the drums in the "rythmic" setting and to warp and change it to "X-form" when I'm done because it sounds better? What about other instruments? Does X-form always sound better?

4) If I'm goin to speed up an entire song would you recommend individual algorythms on each track and then bounce, or using x-form on a two channel mix?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Elastic audio - remaining questions

bump
Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Elastic audio - remaining questions

Quote:
1) When do I want to use samples vs ticks?
If you want to audio to move with tempo map changes it should be in ticks - generally if you are doing music you'll want this. Sample based is more for post work flows.

Quote:
2) When I've totally got the drums tweaked as I like them how can I consolidate them to sort of freeze them in place so I don't have to worry about them getting messed up (without bouncing).
Either consolidate (alt shift 3) or remove the EA plugin and select commit (this is fastest)

Quote:

3) Should I do the drums in the "rythmic" setting and to warp and change it to "X-form" when I'm done because it sounds better? What about other instruments? Does X-form always sound better?
X-Form can still smear the transients - esp when slowing down. Its also slow to render. I'd say in general rythmic is best for drums.

Quote:

4) If I'm goin to speed up an entire song would you recommend individual algorythms on each track and then bounce, or using x-form on a two channel mix?
It really depends. I've had some good results using XForm on the stereo mix - but only really for speeding up - slowing down tends to sound less good. Then again if you make further tweaks to single channels you'll have to use X-Form all over again. I'd think its better to keep your options open and not do the stereo mix thing.