Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 PM

Default factory plug ins, cant authorize

HI everybody, I just purchased a 002 factory bundle with PT 7.1.1 and I'm installing it into my intel mac. Everything installed OK but when I started PT I couldnt authorize Broadband Noise Reduction, Hybrid, Smack, Sound Replacer, Vocalign. Should these be pre-authorized or do I have to buy something? What am I doing wrong here? It's asking me some riddle. I have the ilok but no sim cards yet. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this, one way or the other.

Also, I want to know if there is anyway I can purchase DV Toolkit 2 as an online download.

OK, thanks everybody!!!

AL.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: factory plug ins, cant authorize

Sounds like you installed the demo version of the DV Toolkit or Music Production Toolkit (or both) as the plug-ins you listed are not a part of the 002 factory bundle, thus you don't own authorizations for them and you should remove them from your plug-ins folder or you'll keep getting pop-ups whenever you launch PT.

For some reason the DV Toolkit 2 can only be ordered by calling Digi right now, but even when it was available online it wasn't for download, it still has to get shipped to you.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: factory plug ins, cant authorize

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, I installed the DV Toolkit and Music kit and dont have the authorizations for those, so I dont expect them to work. But when I installed PT it installed Broadband Noise Reduction, Hybrid, Smack LE, etc. I was wondering if Digi included this stuff in the 002 factory bundle without authorization?

Also, last night I installed a couple of the actual "factory bundle" software and also the Amplitube and T-Raxx from the "ignition pack". Upon loading PT I see that these plug ins are loaded when launching PT but then when I go to look for those plug ins in a session they are not there.

When I check the plug ins folder alias they seem to be in there but for whatever reason they are not showing up in my sessions.

Sorry for some of these simple questions. I've done audio for a long time but this is the first time I have ever had to set up a system alone. There's not a lot of help to set up PT here in Vietnam!

Thanks for all the help!

AL.