Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Default Any protools user tried presonus studio 1 pro

I need some feedback on any protools users have tried presonus studio 1 pro and compared it to protools. I was thinking about switching to new software to get 64 bit processing like in studio one software. it is also 64 bit program which can use more memory than protools le. I am trying not to jump ship from le but I dont think Avid really cares anyway. I hope some le users on here have tried the new presonus studio one software to give me some insight. Thanks alot Le users for your feedback
Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Any protools user tried presonus studio 1 pro

Studio One is very cool, I like it and have it myself. It has a long way to go to be what ProTools is but right now as it stands it's a very powerful application. There are many things I like about it, and some things I do not. I hope to work closely with Presonus to help change those things I don't like ;-)
Old 08-22-2010, 07:59 PM

I really like Studio One Pro, much better than Reaper IMHO. PT is still "it" for me though, but if they tanked tomorrow, i would probably go Studio One.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiffee View Post
I need some feedback on any protools users have tried presonus studio 1 pro and compared it to protools. I was thinking about switching to new software to get 64 bit processing like in studio one software. it is also 64 bit program which can use more memory than protools le. I am trying not to jump ship from le but I dont think Avid really cares anyway. I hope some le users on here have tried the new presonus studio one software to give me some insight. Thanks alot Le users for your feedback
A small select few of the PT die hards here we're a very active part of the S1 1.0 beta cycle. That should carry some weight on it's own. It has a ways to go in areas but I wouldn't hesitate from recommending it to specific users. It wont appeal to the die hard power user who likes full control under the hood quite yet, but it will get there soon enough.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-25-2010, 10:57 PM

thanks for all the responses from fellow pro toolers. I have now moved on to studio one pro, it was a painful divorce from pro tools but I made the switch because I dont like what avid has done to le users like me who will never upgrade to an hd system. The handwriting was on the wall when I seen the new HD interfaces and they were exclusively for hd, no firewire so le users can use higher end interfaces. It was very hard to change but I made the switch, Im fully native now with no limitations. recently purchased lynx converters to use as my interface. Thanks for all your help pro toolers
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 AM

I too, am sorry to say that it's a sad day but I'm jumping ship to Studio One. No more track limitations, no more specialized sound interfaces, no more leading you on with fake upgrades to f-up you system nor excuses (Avid: OMG, it's not PT, it's surely your OS config.), etc., etc., etc.

Unlike PT, for what it's worth Studio One just works, period! No DAW's perfecto or has everything but please.......I paid my hard earned cash for a product to operate as advertised, fresh out the box; I didn't agree to pay for the companies research nor to pay to be one of their researchers.

I refuse to invest any more money for another version of PT (PT9) plus a new MBox 3 when I've never received proper satisfaction nor stability from the products that I bought (PT 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.3, 8.0.4 nor MBox 2). Now they want to sell me the new and improved MBox 3, new system SE and possibly PT9.

Well, this isn't my first time to the rodeo, why not dry "F" me in the rear without even Vaseline, Avid?!. Are you guys eyes wide-shut?...........some may call it "diehards" I call it "die-blind and stupid" (unless you own stock in Avid, of course)!

I'm sorry guys, I tried to hang on (especially after investing so much time and money) but.............evens rats know when to jump ship!

BTW, for those still aboard the Avid S**t (Ship) and believing the hype, I have some very good swamp land in Everglades, Florida for sale.......... really cheap! I'll even throw-in PT 9 and a MBox 3, for free! Contact me, A.S.A.P.

*Offer only last as long as Avid keeps "F"-ing people around!

Healing the world through music.................

Sony Vaio Laptop|2 Core P8700 2.53 Ghz 8 Gb Ram|Win8 x64
PT 9.0.6|Cubase 7|Samplitude Pro X|Reason 5|Spectrasonics|Komplete
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Akai LPD8
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM

So are you saying I can get your MBox 3 for a fantastic price? :)

"Yes, recording to the system drive is 99% likely THE main problem." sw rec