Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-16-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Noob questions

allo everyone. Ive worked with pro tools before but I recently bought the macbook and mbox 2. I have two questions.

the first one is a really noob question that I once knew the answer to but I can no longer remember. When i hit play it sends it back to the start automatically, how do I turn it off so that I can play the track from any posistion?

the next one is just puzzling. Alot of my shortcuts no longer work on the laptop. For example pressing nudge with the +/- keys on the numeric pad no longer apply here and for some reason the comma and period dont work either. any ideas on how to fix this, or is there a new shortcut for pro tools 7 im not aware of? (Im coming from pro tools 6.2 or so)
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Noob questions

Quote:
allo everyone. Ive worked with pro tools before but I recently bought the macbook and mbox 2.
Welcome to the DUC, Rezzy333.

This is the PT TDM forum. Please note that there is a forum dedicated to ProTools LE and its various hardware options such as the Mbox 2, as in your case. Scroll down from from the DUC’s main page and you’ll see it.

While most of the PT software is the same for both platforms, each has its own set of exclusive compatibility requirements, features, issues and problems. Therefore, most answers to such will vary also—highlighting the wisdom of posting on the appropriate forum.

Quote:
[…] When i hit play it sends it back to the start automatically, how do I turn it off so that I can play the track from any posistion?
In “Preferences/Operations,” turn on “Timeline Insertion Follows Playback.”

(From the manual, pg. 59: “This option causes the screen’s play cursor to update its location to the point where playback stops.”
IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)