Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2016, 02:51 AM

Default Expiration date of Pro Tools Plan doesn't match deposit date

When I upgraded to pro tools 12 my account showed I have subscription and standard support. my ilok account shows I have the subscription too. Few months later Avid changed the settings on my avid account and ilok. Now my avid account does not show I have subscription. The date of my subscription was changed on my ilok. I still get the updates but it doesn't show any way to renew the subscription. In the Avid Application manager under subscriptions this is what it says... "

"You do not own any product under this account yet. Please visit avid store to buy a new one." The link takes you to the store but no link to renew.

Under licensing it shows type: perpetual , deposit date: 8/24/2015
My ilok account shows type:subscription , deposit date: 10/13/15, expiration date: 02/02/16

I have no way of contacting anyone. So is it possible to get answers here?
Shouldn't my expiration date match the date the license was deposited which is when the subscription should have started?

Last edited by retroandm; 01-04-2016 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: Expiration date of Pro Tools Plan doesn't match deposit date

Hello retroandm,

The Pro Tools Plan license is valid during the term of a plan, and your account shows you upgraded in Feb 2015. The later deposit date is due to the fact that the bonus plug-ins were introduced near the end of 2015 (they didn't exist when you upgraded back in Feb).

I started a support case for you to review your support and application manager issues.

Regards,
JC
Old 01-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Expiration date of Pro Tools Plan doesn't match deposit date

OK. The date issue is not a big deal. What I want to avoid is having to pay $299 because the license expired. I'm looking for the link to renew the subscription before it expires to avoid paying more.