Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Metronome (Click) Sounds

Hello,

I am running PT HD2 6.9 on a Dual G5.

It would seem that my click plug-in only has one click sound to choose from, unfortunately most drummers I work with don't like it very much.

All my LE systems have multiple click sounds to choose from but there is nothing else other then the default on my HD system. Is there any way to import new click sounds into my HD system?

Derek
Old 11-07-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Metronome (Click) Sounds

Use an audio track set to tick-based timebase, and record/import any sound you like to this track. Chop it up, and quantize to grid. You can also make this track as part of a PT template, and import it into any session at any time.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Use an audio track set to tick-based timebase, and record/import any sound you like to this track. Chop it up, and quantize to grid. You can also make this track as part of a PT template, and import it into any session at any time.
this is what I do but don't forget to set the track to be tick based so it will follow tempo changes.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 AM

I agree! The click sounds in the click plug-in are not good. ALL the drummers that I record find them unusuable. I know the work-around, but it would be very helpful if Digi would add a few more sounds, such as a rimshot or stick clicks. This would change the plug from useless to useful imho.
Mac Mini (2019)
3.2 Ghz - 6 Core i7
Mojave with 64 GB RAM
PT Ultimate (2019.10)
Motu 16a
C/24 Control Surface
Old 11-07-2006, 06:59 AM

A rimshot for a click sound????

The MPC Click (UREI CLICK) has been used as a standard of the industry for about 40 years and hasn't bothered anyone I know save for those who have never worked with it. Most drummers I know don't want another sound already going on in the kit to be the click ....YMMV.

TH
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 AM

Have you checked out TL Metro?
Ross Martin Super Beast
Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2.66Ghz 16GB RAM
OSX 10.14.6
http://www.keith-moore.org
Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 AM

Derek,

In reading the replies, I don't think anybody stated the obvious thing for you to try first. I'm also on 6.9.

When you insert the click on a mono aux track, you will see the digirack plug-in info pop onto the screen. If you click on the words "factory default", there should be a number of choices for the sound of the click. If that is not happening, things are not as they should be with your system.

Steve

http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/
http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/w...music-samples/
http://stevemillikan.com/

Old 11-07-2006, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Derek,

In reading the replies, I don't think anybody stated the obvious thing for you to try first. I'm also on 6.9.

When you insert the click on a mono aux track, you will see the digirack plug-in info pop onto the screen. If you click on the words "factory default", there should be a number of choices for the sound of the click. If that is not happening, things are not as they should be with your system.

Steve
Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Steve,

That's really the problem. It only gives me the factory default option, there are no other options available. My LE system has options but my HD system does not.

Derek
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 AM

Try to choose "Set root setting folder" from the plug-in window. Point it to your "plug-in settings" folder.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:30 AM

I have the choices, but I really don't like any of them either (there's not a way to crate your own settings for the click plugin, is there?). What we have done is to set up the click settings so the click is generated by an external synth. Then we can choose any sound we want. I suppose this would also work with a soft synth.