Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Sony Oxford Randomly Muting Audio Tracks

I am having a problem in one session on my HD3 Accel rig. Some tracks that have Sony Oxford Eqs are being muted(the audio doesn't play). Many other tracks in the same session with Oxfords play fine. Once I deactivate the plug and re-instantiate the audio plays fine. But, then another track will go out. Then I fix that one, and the original one goes out again. This has only happened in this one particular session. Obviously this totally sucks and I need to know what is causing this, and how to get around it.

Help Digi, please!

thanks.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Sony Oxford Randomly Muting Audio Tracks

Try running Digi Test. It sounds as though you have a faulty chip, I put money on a B chip. Give it a try' if that is the problem contact Digi for a replacement.I had a similar problem and that is what it turned out to be. My problem was the B chip, your's may be different but I subsequently heard that they have more probkems with the B chip, don't know why.

Good luck