Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 01-25-2018, 08:44 AM

Default MBOX PRO 3 is peaking at interface input meter but low odd levels at OS level

I have a weird issue...

I am using OS X.

My Mbox Pro 3 using a EV RE2 plus cloudlifter easily peaks on the interface looking at the meter. But, when I am trying to use the Mbox for applications like Skype, etc. I am getting lower levels that clearly don't match what the interface is showing me.

When I go into the OS control panel and look at my mic levels, I am visually loud enough. But in other programs like Zencastr which is a browser based podcasting program, I barely have any visual levels but the Mbox inputs are showing that I am close to peaking.

Is this related somehow to the stupid Mbox control panel that I have never been able to figure out? Any ideas?

Everything in Pro Tools seems fine.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 AM

Default Re: MBOX PRO 3 is peaking at interface input meter but low odd levels at OS level

This is kind of driving me nuts.

Is there something in OS X that would be limiting my levels?

Everything in Pro Tools is fine and I get great wave forms. If I use my Mbox elsewhere, with Skype type programs, my levels are squashed and seemingly limited. If I crank the gain I don't seem to get louder I get distorted instead. Any ideas?
Old 01-31-2018, 11:37 AM

Default Re: MBOX PRO 3 is peaking at interface input meter but low odd levels at OS level

My Mbox isn't even recognized by my computer after updating.... So youre one step ahead of me
Old 02-02-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnelson10 View Post
My Mbox isn't even recognized by my computer after updating.... So youre one step ahead of me
Are you running High Sierra? I haven't upgraded to that yet. Maybe I will not...
Old 02-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Yep High Sierra 10.13.3. the newest one. Hold off if you use any kind of Mbox