Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Default Multiple "Tap" control with function keys on SC48?

Is it possible to have two seperate "TAP" functions (such as F7 and F8) assigned to control 2 different delay plug-ins in an effect rack on the SC48, and can they be the same plug-in or must they be different?

I'm very comfortable programming an SC48 but this is a new request for me...

I have a guest tech for an artist coming in who is not used to digital, and I would like to build a rack for him to be able to control 2 separately toggled tap delays.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Multiple "Tap" control with function keys on SC48?

Nope.
Just one master tempo.
Why don't you simply assign two delays, each one with a different time figure (E.G. one with a quarter and other with an eighth note) and use a single tap tempo?
After all, the tempo of the song will be the same, I believe it's just a matter of time figures.
Regards,
MJ