Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Default Re: S3 vs Two S1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Nudge by 1, Bank by 8 for both S1 and Mix
Thanks, are there any plans to add a preference to bank by the number of surfaces available? For example, to be able to bank by 16 if you have two S1's and so forth.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Avid

Not currently but S6 does that so maybe (after some of the other stuff we have planned)
Old 12-11-2019, 04:40 AM

I travel a fair bit and I personally feel that a couple S1 is probably more what I'm looking for. I can have 2 of them for my mixing rig in my studio and I need to travel I can just chuck one in my bag easy. I don't really need the pres on the S3... I have quite a few mixers friends who own an S3 and are thinking about getting a couple S1 instead for the same reason... the price difference is not that much when adding the tablets, but it is the modularity that makes it great for what I need it to do.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Not currently but S6 does that so maybe (after some of the other stuff we have planned)
Hi Eddie,

Is there anyway I could help push for that feature? I just got my two S1s and that is the only fault I've experienced with these amazing units :)

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:43 AM

I too am considering this move from S3 to two S1's. Mainly for a bit of space-savings and the S6 style metering.

However, I use "solo clear" constantly on my S3, is there a similar feature on the S1?

I guess I also have to consider the Dock too, would be good to have that sweet master fader.

Justin
Old 01-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Avid

Greetings. You could easily reprogram any of the track color keys on S1 to be Solo Clear.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-08-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings. You could easily reprogram any of the track color keys on S1 to be Solo Clear.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Jeff...without any modifier keys or anything?
Old 08-02-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
which 12.5? I've been looking for some since the s1 was announced.

I think for myself, I'm probably going to get a 3 s1's with android tablets, and the dock with the ipad pro 12.9 I already have. Then I'll get a raven so I can use it to quick input plugins sends and I/O and do editing on the edit window. If both system can work together, that would be a really good combo and that would be really close to the system I pitched Avid earlier this year. Well I just found some people are actually using the Raven MTI2 with Artist mix, so the s1 and MTI2 should work, yay!
So did you ever get the Raven and pair it with the S1? How does it work for you? I already have the Raven and I'm thinking over this combination. I made a little graphic to show what I mean. With the Raven do I even need the tablets?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid S1 + MTi2.jpg (62.1 KB, 0 views)
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmj View Post
Thanks Jeff...without any modifier keys or anything?

Yep! If you create a EUCON command for your chosen button in EuControl, "Clear Solo" is tucked away under "Global". You could program it so it clears both Solos and Mutes with a single button press if you really wanted to...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM

I'm not sure that anybody has mentioned the S3-only feature "Multi-Master Mode". This has been a KILLER workflow for me!

I have another setup that I have been used to which includes:
4 Artist Mix/1 Artist Control/1 Avid Control/1 JLCooper Surround Panner for ES

I thought I needed and wanted more faders. The more the merrier, right? WRONG!

With S3+Dock and Multi-Master Mode, I don't need ANYTHING else and it's all comfortably right in front of me.

I wouldn't swap for multiple S1 over the S3. I'm very happy with this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 3.29.12 PM.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system