Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Default Switching Computers....How do I transfer Mpowered????

Hello All,

I am planning to move from my current under powered PC to an other that I had at work. I plan to only use this for recording.

Here is my question:

1. Since i purchased M pwered 7.4, and upgraded online to version 8.0.1, how do I ensure that I have version 8.0.1 when I reinstall?

I was only allowed a one time download of Version 8.

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone assist???
Old 12-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Switching Computers....How do I transfer Mpowered????

Just re download it from the digidesign store. It will be under your account. I've done this before and it works fine. You can actually put it on as many computers as you want, you just need to have your ilok inserted into the computer your using.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Ditto to what Soul Fader said.

Also, you might want to create an "Uninstalled" or "Installers" folder in your C: Directory. I have, and I keep all my essential software, plug-in and driver installers in this folder (with several organized sub-directories). It's helpful for when you need to reinstall something, or if you update and find things worked better before and want to go back. No need to go hunting on the internet, just go to your Uninstalled folder and there it is.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillations View Post
Ditto to what Soul Fader said.

Also, you might want to create an "Uninstalled" or "Installers" folder in your C: Directory. I have, and I keep all my essential software, plug-in and driver installers in this folder (with several organized sub-directories). It's helpful for when you need to reinstall something, or if you update and find things worked better before and want to go back. No need to go hunting on the internet, just go to your Uninstalled folder and there it is.
+1 on this. Keeping a backup of all downloaded files has been a lifesaver more than once.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com