How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Monitors, Pro Tools 11, Interface and Windows 8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dko58 View Post
I went into the control panel and disabled the driver and it works a little better. I still hear some vibration or something. The sample rate is set to 24 bit and 48 HZ. I did switch the left and right and that didn't work. I think the speaker must be bad. I am playing another song and it is now vibrating more unless I put pressure on the cone. Makes me mad. I was trying to save money and bought them off ebay. They said they were in great working condition and sounded good. Lesson learned.
If you bought them recently you are still covered with eBay buyer protection. EMAIL the seller first to see if you can work something out, if not, you can start a case against them. Perhaps you could get some money back so they could be repaired, but from my experience eBay usually says to send the item back and issues you a refund. You will probably have to pay shipping cost.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM

I found a song that would play in Pro Tools and it did the same thing to me there too. Guess the speakers are bad. I have been talking with the person I bought them from. First they told me that the cable I bought was bad so I bought a monster xlr with a balanced 1/4"...that seem to help some, but it is still doing it. When I got the new cable it seemed to work in Pro Tools so I told them that must have been the problem. I did not check it in applications. I don't know if they will give me my money back or not. I should have bought something new with a warranty.

I was looking at the KRK Rokit 5 G3 or JBL LSR305. What is you all's opinion on either of these or something else in this price range?

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dko58 View Post
I found a song that would play in Pro Tools and it did the same thing to me there too. Guess the speakers are bad. I have been talking with the person I bought them from. First they told me that the cable I bought was bad so I bought a monster xlr with a balanced 1/4"...that seem to help some, but it is still doing it. When I got the new cable it seemed to work in Pro Tools so I told them that must have been the problem. I did not check it in applications. I don't know if they will give me my money back or not. I should have bought something new with a warranty.

I was looking at the KRK Rokit 5 G3 or JBL LSR305. What is you all's opinion on either of these or something else in this price range?

Thank you for your time.
Personally I'd go for the JBL LSR305 - great high frequency dispersion which makes the sweet spot a bit bigger.

QAPLA!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Personally I'd go for the JBL LSR305 - great high frequency dispersion which makes the sweet spot a bit bigger.
OK thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 02:26 PM

don't know if you still have this problem or not, but you may have to re boot your computer or check the settings on the sound card and set it to internal. That seemed to work for my focusrite although I still can't get any audio thru my monitors from pro tools 11.