Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 07-08-2020, 07:51 AM

Default MTRX Studio Bass Management Issue

Hi

I've set up a Bass Management Profile in the DADman/DADmon software on my MTRX Studio for a 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos speaker setup.

This profile is working fine and sending low frequency information from all speakers to the sub, even when panning and moving objects around.

However, whenever I switch speaker outputs from my Atmos output to any other output and then back to Atmos, the Bass management seems to become inactive for all channels except L, C and R, where the sub is still clearly audible and I can see level in DADman.

When bypassing the bass management button for the monitor profile and activating again, the problem persists. When I bypass both bass management and EQ for all the speakers in DADman (with the little green buttons in the monitor section) and activating them again, then the bass management comes back for all channels.

Seems like a bug to me, unless there is an oversight on my part, that someone could point out?

If it was indeed a bug, where would I submit it? It's an Avid product, but software is by DAD..

Any help appreciated, thanks :)
Old 07-09-2020, 02:00 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Bass Management Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousLullabyz View Post
Hi

I've set up a Bass Management Profile in the DADman/DADmon software on my MTRX Studio for a 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos speaker setup.

This profile is working fine and sending low frequency information from all speakers to the sub, even when panning and moving objects around.

However, whenever I switch speaker outputs from my Atmos output to any other output and then back to Atmos, the Bass management seems to become inactive for all channels except L, C and R, where the sub is still clearly audible and I can see level in DADman.

When bypassing the bass management button for the monitor profile and activating again, the problem persists. When I bypass both bass management and EQ for all the speakers in DADman (with the little green buttons in the monitor section) and activating them again, then the bass management comes back for all channels.

Seems like a bug to me, unless there is an oversight on my part, that someone could point out?

If it was indeed a bug, where would I submit it? It's an Avid product, but software is by DAD..

Any help appreciated, thanks :)
Avid are responsible for all support of the MTRX and MTRX Studio, including the DADman software when it is used in conjunction with a MTRX/MTRX Studio.

I have also sent you a PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntp-jl View Post
Avid are responsible for all support of the MTRX and MTRX Studio, including the DADman software when it is used in conjunction with a MTRX/MTRX Studio.

I have also sent you a PM.

Hi Jan

Sent you an email with all the details that could (to my knowledge) potentially impact the bass management behavior.

Hope it helps, let me know if/when you find something, thanks :)

Roger
Old 07-14-2020, 07:18 PM
Avid

This appears to be resolved in an upcoming DADman release - which you may already be privy. As soon as it is available we will certainly let you know.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-15-2020, 09:32 AM

Hi Jeff

Yes, I can confirmed this issue is resolved in DADman 5.4.3 Build 2!

Thanks to Jan and his amazing team for that quick resolution :)
Old 07-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Avid

Great to hear!

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ