Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM

Default Sample rate in PT LE 8 forced to External (locked to 44 khz) after installing VENOM!

Hi all, I am newbie in the forum.
I bought Venom very recently. I still have mixed feelings about it. I am experiencing many issues with it but for now I want to focus on the referenced one (which is not allowing me to open any of my PT files!! all in 48khz). After installing VENOM drivers, pro tools is now only allowing me to open or create projects in 44 khz. At the 'New session" windows, sample rate is greyed saying "44.1 khz (ext. clock)".
One would say, oh this is a piece of cake, ok I hope it is too (please tell me) but listen:
  • In playback and recording windows settings, Venom M-audio is not set as default (only default realtek high def audio playback and recording from my PC)
  • this is happening at all time even when venom synth hardware is not plugged in the USB port
  • still happening after uninstalling Venom drivers
  • still happening after uninstalling venom and reinstalling pro tools!
I have also changed the USB port of my Mbox2 mini, nothing!!
Venom drivers have screw up my windows, not allowing pro tools to revert to the internal clock. How can that be?
Here is a somebody who experienced same thing using hardware from m-audio along with PT 8 http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=237106
but still I don't see how to solve my problem other than really giving up pro tools... sorry, this is very frustrating. the company is too aggressive providing not just poor compatibility with other products from other companies but also with their own ones... they force you to upgrade to PT10 just because you are not able to use other products rather than provide more features. Anyway... please help! Peace and happy New Year!!