Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2014, 12:10 PM

Default Amplitube - New ENGL Officially licensed amps/cabs

IK Multimedia has just introduced the new officially licensed ENGL amps and cabinets. One is the Powerball, which was previously the "ANGER" emulation. I don't know if this was a new emulation or they just officially licensed the previous emulation. Either way, the previous emulation was fantastic to begin with, and one of the best amps they make.

The other is a new one, the 650. They also have new officially licensed matching cabinets for each amp.

NOTE: For those who previously purchased the non-licensed ANGER model, it has been updated for free to the new licensed Powerball model. You will need to update to the latest version of Amplitube for it to show up that way. It now shows up under the new ENGL category, rather than under the Amplitube 3 category, as before. And in the Custom Shop app, it will show up as the licensed Powerball version, with the original purchase date of your old ANGER amp.

However, the new cabinets are not free updates, and you will still need to the purchase the new matching cabinet for the Powerball if you want to use it, as well as the new 650 amp and cabinet if you want it. (You can, of course, continue using the existing cabinets. Generally, their newer cabinets seem to be worth the upgrade, though).
Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Amplitube - New ENGL Officially licensed amps/cabs

I finally checked these out, and I'm impressed. I will probably get these. As mentioned, Powerball has been out a while, and it's great. But you guys should try the 650. It's very nice, kind of unique. Not as agressive, but sweet and warm. I could see it being used for country and lighter stuff. The clean sound of this is also nice. You guys that like Scuffham S-gear might be pleasantly surprised by this.

The new cabinets are a nice improvement as well. They might seem subtle at first, but make a bigger difference if you're layering several tracks with them.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM

When they fully emulate the E670 head and get it officially endorsed then I'll dive in headfirst and buy that product .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM

I still haven't done the upgrade from the ANGER to the official model, but the ANGER is a great amp model. I love how they model the whole amp interface as well.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 AM

Remember that it's free to update Anger to the official Powerball. I don't know if anything changed other than the official logo, but it's already great to begin with, as you mentioned.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Remember that it's free to update Anger to the official Powerball. I don't know if anything changed other than the official logo, but it's already great to begin with, as you mentioned.
How do you do the update? Restore my gear via CS?

QAPLA!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 PM

I'd imagine. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
How do you do the update? Restore my gear via CS?
You shouldn't have to Restore gear.

You'll need to download the latest version of Amplitube 3 (came out on the 10th of April). This is found in your User Area on the website.

Also, when you open the Custom Shop Store application, you'll be prompted to install the latest update for that as well (you may want to do that first).

Once you do that, the Custom Shop store will show the Powerball as having been purchased whenever you originally bought the Anger. And then in all versions of Amplitube (RTAS, AAX, Standalone, etc.), it will show the Powerball in place of Anger.

Once you do this, note that in the Amplitube amp menus, Anger used to show up under Amplitube 3>Lead category. Now, instead, there is a separate category for ENGL, and it will now show up there (which is of course where the other ENGL products will show if you buy them too).
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
You shouldn't have to Restore gear.

You'll need to download the latest version of Amplitube 3 (came out on the 10th of April). This is found in your User Area on the website.

Also, when you open the Custom Shop Store application
Yep, that's it. Except I opened Custom Shop first and was prompted to update CS. After the update, I opened CS again and it prompted me to update Amplitube.

After that, I opened Amplitube and the ENGL Powerball had replaced the German ANGER.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 AM

I ran into a couple of glitches that I managed to solve. Opened Custom Shop and like Benoni I was told CS was outdated and to update that. So I downloaded the update; closed CS; installed the updated CS. Opened CS and was again told my CS was outdated even though I had the latest update. So I downloaded again the update and did the install. Repaired permissions, rebooted, opened CS and all was well.

Then I update Amplitube; downloaded the new version, uninstalled the old version, installed the new version, opened CS and verified that everything was okay. All my gear was there in both Amplitube and TRacks.

Then I opened a PT session that has on the final output TRacks CS with a preset I use and Blue Cat Audio DP Meter Pro metering plugin. Kept getting a periodic burst of white noise at the output that wasn't there before in this session (no audio playing). I delete the TRacks plugin and the noise goes away. So I try a new session with a blank aux track and insert TRacks. Not only do I get the periodic noise but up pops an error message that I needed to authorize my IK plugins which was weird considering they had been authorized before. So I re-authorized everything IK just to be safe and all was well. Somewheres in this whole update dance my authorizations went bye-bye on the computer but were okay in my IK account.

Thankfully all is well now (as I knock on wood).

QAPLA!