Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-18-2019, 12:34 AM

Default Artist Mix: How to soft / hard reset?

My Artist Mix is frozen with 'AVID' logo on every track. When I press the power button nothing happens. When I plug out power then plug power in again I get the correct power up sequence of lights turning on and faders zeroing, but again, power button won't work and eucontrol is not seeing the device.

I have tried doing a power cycle while the ethernet cable is not plugged in to the device, same problem and same behavior.

Is there a way to soft or hard reset this hardware? I can't find it anywhere in the manual!
Old 12-19-2019, 02:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix: How to soft / hard reset?

I dont think that would resolve your issue. The Avid logos mean it has booted OK. Was it working/connecting OK with the same setup before ? Have you tried a single Ethernet cable directly into the Workstation ?
Old 12-31-2019, 12:25 PM

Yes it was working with the same setup before, I have it connected directly via Ethernet to the computer.

Is there any way to factory reset this unit? It feels a lot like I have software bricked it somehow, just because I haven't changed the hardware setup at all. I agree that avid logo showing up indicates that it is not 100% bricked but It appears to be at least partially bricked. Of course it could be a hardware problem but I would love to try a software factory reset first of possible I just can't find a way to do it.

I have tried the Vegas test and it lights up correctly but does not respond correctly, (adjacent faders don't move along with each other). Identical behavior in all of the above whether the units ethernet is plugged in or not.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:29 PM
Avid

There isn't a reset and it sounds like its working OK just not connecting. Make sure it hasn't got a fixed IP address. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ow_to/en433875
Old 01-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's working okay, a lot of the tests don't work as they should, regardless of if ethernet is connected. The unit also won't power off once it is switched on, again regardless if ethernet is connected. To me that indicates the foundation of the problem is not connection.

I will attempt to play with IP settings, but I've been using this unit for 5 or so years without a connection problem and haven't changed any settings on my setup. I think it might just be bricked though to be honest and best to sell it for parts if possible.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:04 AM

Good morning,
did you resolve your problem? I have the exact same one and I'm stuck too.
Thank you !::confus:
Old 01-17-2024, 08:47 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio LaSol View Post
Good morning,
did you resolve your problem? I have the exact same one and I'm stuck too.
Thank you !::confus:
Please explain more. You have Avid Logos? Does the power switch on the back work?

This usually just means that EuControl isn't connected to it, so you need to check the network connection.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:59 AM

Hey, thank you for your reply, I found the solution today,
It was a problem updating the artist series. I had to use an old Windows computer to be able to do the update.!