Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 09:10 AM

Default MBox Hardware Problem???

Hello,

I'm new to Mac ( Imac Intel, Snow Leopard 3.06 Ghz) and I've just now gotten all my apps installed. I've opened my PT LE 8.0.3 and all seems to be in order although I still have to transfer my old session files over to the mac.

I have been fooling around with GarageBand (I know this is not a GB forum) and been experiencing some problems that seem to be hardware related i.e. intermitent recording input signal, high pitched tone whenever audio programs using the Mbox are opened and last night I switched off the monitor amp to use headphones and the left side of output went away. Rebooting seems to help, like right now I booted and all is well in my headphones but I haven't switched on the monitors yet. I have other USB devices plugged in but not on.

I've read over this...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=54888

...and I'll endeavor to follow many of these guidelines but could this problem be something as simple as a bad USB cable? If that's possible would any USB cable with appropriate jacks work with the Mbox?

Thanks...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 AM

Default Re: MBox Hardware Problem???

What a way to spend New Years Eve! At least I have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin.

The latest...

I've pretty much pinpointed the source of the problem although I'm still not sure what is to be done about it. I now believe that the my monitor amp has something to do with the problem. When I use the headphones only I get no high freq pitch. When I turn the monitors on the pitch is there and the input level meter shows a constant level ...at about 0db but no input signal is possible when the meter locks up this way. It is intermittent so it works some of the time but I believe that whatever is causing this tone/pitch is the cause of the cutout. I may need to take the amp in to have it looked at but I'd still like to know how this is causing the Mbox record input to screw up.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 PM

Hmmmm...... Maybe because the MBox is not supported with 8.0.3???
Only MBox 2 /Pro/Mini/Micro
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAFXMX View Post
Hmmmm...... Maybe because the MBox is not supported with 8.0.3???
Only MBox 2 /Pro/Mini/Micro
Sorry should have been more specific...I have an Mbox 2 mini.