Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-19-2002, 02:22 PM

Default Video Capture?

What are you using to work with video? Until recently, I have been happy enough getting a VHS with a window burn and LTC on one of the audio tracks to synch to.

Let me know what you are using that you love... it's time for me to come into the 21st cent...

Thanks in advance,

TC
Old 03-19-2002, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Video Capture?

The Aurora Video Card. I just tested it for a moment in one of the studios where I work as a freelance. It compresses about 10 times and save into hadr disk the video signal, and then you can import the video as a Movie in your PT session.
With this video card you can monitor the video image on your extra video monitor and keep a movie track in the ProTools session. The video quality looked like a VHS to me, although I am a sound man.
As I said, I only did a quick test saving the video signal and opening it in ProTools, but I know it's a common system anywhere.
Alex [email protected]
Old 03-20-2002, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Video Capture?

May as well spend a few days trawling the DUC on that topic. There's been a great deal of discussion on it and alot of real world info too. I'd probably consider VVTR from Gallery as the most sensible route. Search for that.
Good luck.

Jason