Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Strat View Post
I checked out the link to the Liquid Foot Jr....has anyone tried this pedal? I was at a conference in September and saw that Lincoln Brewster (www.lincolnbrewster.com) was using one with the Fractal Axe-Fx (he wasn't using Line 6)...
I had one for a while for my Ultra and it is a great product that can do just about anything. I sold it with the Ultra and now I'm trying a Rocktron all Access with the 11r.

I really liked the LF jr. but found it had just a few too few buttons for me.

Steve
Old 01-10-2010, 04:50 AM

you sold your Ultra.... ok.
I liked the size of the JR and its price, the GCP is as much as the 11R here..reckon id have a hard time trying to justify that to the mrs!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
you sold your Ultra.... ok.
Yeah I liked the Ultra as a tweaking machine and it really does sound great, but I personally did not love it for live use. I know a lot of great players do but for me I really want some live knobs on the front.

I actually sold it 2 weeks before the 11r came out. I had no idea that Digi was coming out with the 11r. I was going back to my old modeling rig with a tecj 21 liverpool and an m13.

The 11r sounds really great to me as did the Axe FX but the live knobs are what sold me on the 11r.

Steve
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Ground Control Pro update:

I finally got around to setting up my GCP with the 11R. After struggling for a few moments to re-understand the lingo of the pedal, it was pretty smooth from there. I have had the pedal for 4+ years but it's been about that long since I edited anything in it.

The pedal is set up as follows:
-Big numbered buttons 1-4 on the GCP are for my patch changes (YES you can be in bank 2, 3, 4, etc and still program any of the buttons 1-4 to point to any patch within 11R). For instance, I have my main distortion in the 11R at A1. In banks 1 and 2 so far, button number 1 points to that same A1 rig. I know some guys are having issues having to save a rig in multiple spots which causes issues if you make an edit...you have to edit all of the copies. I guess it depends on your pedals capabilities???
-Small numbered buttons 1-7 are for my CC's to turn the stomp box effects on and off. If I remember correctly, the GCP can be set up to have the lights on the pedal already lit on patch changes to match what effects are already on for the respective rig. My manual doesn't seem to talk about this and I can't remember how I did it back in the day. If anyone knows how to do this please do tell!
-Small numbered button 8 is to turn my Wah on and off. Then I can slide my foot right over to my expression pedal to control the Wah. I have a second expression pedal that will most likely control volume on all of my presets.

So is the GCP the "best" foot controller for the 11R, not sure, but it's a damn good option for the price. If anyone has questions feel free to PM or post here!

~jerry
Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 AM

for the price, isnt is expensive?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
for the price, isnt is expensive?
it is $400 new, $250-300 used. For what it allows you to do and the control you get, I don't feel it's expensive but that is just my opinion.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorne View Post
Yeah I liked the Ultra as a tweaking machine and it really does sound great, but I personally did not love it for live use. I know a lot of great players do but for me I really want some live knobs on the front.

I actually sold it 2 weeks before the 11r came out. I had no idea that Digi was coming out with the 11r. I was going back to my old modeling rig with a tecj 21 liverpool and an m13.

The 11r sounds really great to me as did the Axe FX but the live knobs are what sold me on the 11r.

Steve
I did exactly the same and for exactly the same reasons; couldn't be happier with my decision
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
-Small numbered buttons 1-7 are for my CC's to turn the stomp box effects on and off. If I remember correctly, the GCP can be set up to have the lights on the pedal already lit on patch changes to match what effects are already on for the respective rig. My manual doesn't seem to talk about this and I can't remember how I did it back in the day. If anyone knows how to do this please do tell!
Update for Ground Control Pro users (sorry for quoting myself)

I have re-discovered how to set this up. You have to have the GCX 1 expander turned on in setup mode. Exit and save.

Then using the pedal, select the patch you want to match. Initiate the buttons to match the effects currently turned on, on the 11R and enter EDIT mode. Scroll through until your screen reads "GCX" and again initiate the effcts to match. Exit and save.

This should allow you to make patch changes and have the GCP follow along to match your rigs and what effects are on/off.

Note: I own a GCX and use it to power my GCP so I cannot test to see if these instructions work without actually having a GCX. My thought is that it would work but if anyone can confirm that would be great.

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Jerry - thanks for putting this info together. You are the go-to-guy for GCP/11R.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 AM

Tnhanks Jerry, for sharing your info....I'm broke so I haven't purchased the VLGC Footpedal yet. Maybe that's a good thing...lol...I was hoping by the time I have the coin, it will be a fairly easy transition to program..