Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-19-2018, 08:32 PM

Default Two finger scrolling in Pro Tools 10 brings the Mix window to front

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, if it's a feature I can turn off or what the hell is causing it...

I'm working on Pro Tools 10 with a Windows 7 Laptop. I have two finger scroll activated on my laptop and when I two finger scroll in Pro Tools 10 in the edit window, sometimes it will bring the mix window to the front. When I say sometimes, I mean like sometimes it wont happen for a while, and then suddenly it happens every time for the rest of the session. I will even be able to continue scrolling through clips in the edit window, but the mix window will just be blocking my view of my clips.

This is something that has been happening pretty much since I first started using Pro Tools 10. I get frustrated and try to look it up occasionally, but never frustrated enough to post in the DUC. So here I am at the end of my rope. It's not a deal breaker, but it's seriously annoying. I keep trying to see if I'm hitting a key command unwittingly to trigger it, but it happens so often, I don't think I'm hitting anything. There's no info online that I can find.

Yes, I know I should just use a mouse, but for the time being, that's not an option for reasons that don't really matter. But just for anyone posting asking why t f I'm using the touchpad with pro tools.... I know. I know.

Hoping it's just some weird setting I can turn off, but I'm kind of thinking it's a bug with my laptop. Eager to hear your thoughts. Thanks all.