Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2015, 04:12 AM

Default Re: ProControl with Pro Tools HD 8

What I wanna do is be able to switch between two sets of monitors the main and the nearfields and by what you wrote I think I have it figured out I will let you know. I apologize if I sound so confusing. I'm learning the technical issues as I go and I kinda rely on you for help.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:52 PM

I was wondering is there a local digidesign tech I can refer to for help connecting my gear the correct way I will pay for the help
Old 03-11-2015, 04:31 PM

Your in Jupiter, Florida? maybe somebody close buy might see this.

But you'd probalby get faster help if you just clearly explained what exactly you are tryign to do, described your equipment and exactly how they are connected (down to what connections, cable make/model etc. especially for any DB-25 cables), and what instructions/documentation you are following and the point at where you are stuck. presumably you are only working in Stereo, right? are you tryign to include a sub woofer or just two sets of powered stereo monitors? Spend some time writing a clear but brief description, you are not going to solve this with one line questions, and careful detailed questions tend to get careful detailed help on DUC.

For simple stereo hookup the Pro Control User Guide give you a very good description of how to hook your main and aux pairs of monitors up to do what you are after. Is there something there that is not making sense? Common problem doing that include just totally wring wiring on the DB-25 connectors. Get a multimeter and with the cables disconnected from the Pro Control, confirm the pinout wiring matches the wiring diagram in the user guide appendix. Also do obvious checks like swap the connectors at the monitors to see it is not a monitor problem. Also read the section on the analog monitor in the user guide, it's pretty straight forward (but I've still be surprised by folks sitting at consoles with different mute/dims activated tryign to work out why the music is so quiet )

Now I don't want to trash your purchase but the monitor section of the Pro Control is probalby not why most folks would want to buy one. If you are tryign to set up a new studio etc. you might be better served by just jumping to an outboard monitor controller. Everything from a Mackie Big Knob, Dangerous monitor controller, Grace m905 (yes please ) etc. OTOH it might meet your needs perfectly and just be one simple issue you need to get over.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:23 PM

Thank you Darryll.

I'm gonna explain this the best i can.

I have the Digidesign ProControl with 32 faders. I also have pro tools 8hd with 1 core and 2 excel cards with 4 192's each with and analog output card and analog input card. the digidesign midi, sync, and the digidesign pre. The 192's are loop synced with the syncs internal clock. I ran the procontrols inputs to the 192's analog output card and the second set input the the second output card. the the outputs on the procontrol to the monitors and everything works. Now I would like to connect outboard gear to my rig like a midi controller, and the yamaha motif to make beat into pro tools. thats where I'm having the problem. and also getting my mic's to generate recording into pro tools.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:07 PM

Default ProControl with Pro Tools HD 8

So... exactly how do you have a microphone wired to what preamp and then through to the interface? what *exact* cables. Are the mics condensers? if so are they getting phantom power correctly--checked with a voltmeter? Are you following the wiring diagram in the documentation? Have you confirmed you have cable continuity and proper pin to pin wiring with a multimeter? Confirm the 192 input you are trying to use works as expected with a different line level input?

I don't know what you are trying to do with MIDI, but MIDI instruments has nothing really to do with the Console. Just use whatever MIDI interface and instruments you normally would.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:39 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going !!!

I just got a PC, it's awesome.....so much control....I am not using the monitor section
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:13 PM

Hello everyone

Been a while sense I been here. I have a problem and I know this is the place that can help me with my problem. I have The Pro Tools HD system. It consist of The digidesign Pro Control Midi Sync i/o The Digidesign Pre and 6 192 interfaces. I know it has all the plug-ins, But i would like to incorporate outboard gear like a compressor, an EQ and also reverb like the alesis midi verb4. So in lay mens terms could someone please help me add this to my rig it would be highly appreciated.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Wow almost a 2yr old resurrection!!! Good job.

I since went through a PC and a Command 8 and now have a D-Command

Really nice surface

Old 02-06-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going !!!
I keep looking for the April 1st date... This CAN'T be for real!?

Doesn't anyone here speak 'Trainwreck' that can help this dude out??
Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy1997 View Post
I keep looking for the April 1st date... This CAN'T be for real!?

Doesn't anyone here speak 'Trainwreck' that can help this dude out??

Nope not even going there, I'm pretty sure (I mean it's been 2 years I just don't remember) dude was referred to get a professionals help to come and setup his stuff up and that suggestion still applies

Get a pro to help if it's above your ability and then pay him and get him to explain it to you