Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-24-2019, 10:00 AM

Default Re: I have a licence for Pro Tools 12, but Application Manager gives me Pro Tools 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Application Manager is crapware, with warnings about it all over DUC, with lots of notes repeated on how to uninstall it (run the unibstaller it ships with)

... so why are you using it? Uninstall it now.

As for stuff missing in your Avid account. What you see there looks a bit different to mine, do any downloads shows up under "Annual Upgrade and Support Plan"? (I have no idea, I have that Plan and see a different layout with "Pro Tools" as the top item).

If you are stuck here I would create a (free) registration/activation support case. http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation.

One reasons stuff does not show up in an Avid.com account is people sometimes accidentally have created two accounts. When you create that support case I would give Avid any email addresses that might possibly be associated with your account(s) so they can search. Avid might also want info about where/when you purchased Pro Tools. If that is handy just give it. Now why App Manager is confused here may be the same reason stuff is not showing up in Avid.com, but I would still stop using it.
Thank you, I will create a support case. I only have one Avid account. I also still have all the order confirmation e-mails and invoices.

One thing I'm curios about is how I know which version I should have access to through my licence. I bought PT10 in 2013, and then on Dec 20 2015 I purchased a Pro Tools 12 Annual Upgrade Plan, which I never again renewed. But since the upgrade plan I bought lasted a year, I should be able to find out which the latest version I could've upgraded to was. I think I only upgraded to 12.4.0 and stayed there, but looking at the rough release dates, surely I could've upgraded further since my plan lasted to Dec 2016.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 is all the sudden not recognizing my iLok licence

Your Pro Tools Perpetual bundle has a Release Limit of 12/19/2016, so it authorizes 10.0-12.6.1. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/en393795

You can download the 12.6.1 installer from your account (my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan > Show) or from the Avid Download Center.

If your license isn't authorizing a supported version of PT, please Synchronize your iLok, or deactivate then reactivate your license to the iLok.

Look forward to your reply...
Old 09-24-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 is all the sudden not recognizing my iLok licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Your Pro Tools Perpetual bundle has a Release Limit of 12/19/2016, so it authorizes 10.0-12.6.1. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/en393795

You can download the 12.6.1 installer from your account (my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan > Show) or from the Avid Download Center.

If your license isn't authorizing a supported version of PT, please Synchronize your iLok, or deactivate then reactivate your license to the iLok.

Look forward to your reply...
Haha, what can I say!? THANK YOU!! I can't believe I missed that. Downloaded and installed, and now everything seem to work just fine.