Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Looking for electronic producer to help with a couple techniques

I am wondering if there is anyone who is willing to remote view/access my system through Team Viewer or similar program to help me with a couple things I can't seem to find online.

I am thinking about starting a YouTube channel and recording all of these "sessions" to help other people who can't find these techniques online like myself. I want to keep it open to everyone as well. Anyone willing to help as well anyone with a question they would like a video tutorial explaining and showing the steps. We can also use TeamSpeak at the same time and have everyone in who wants to learn that thing or be a part of the teaching.

Some of these techniques include:

Vocal processing for edm sample type vocals (like stretched, pitch, shifted, etc.)

Sound design for synths

Dynamic sound design (evolving sounds tone, evolving adsr, etc.)

Sampling (in depth sampling of original source sounds and processing)

And anything else you guys want to learn.

I've found not many people at my studio understand in depth digital production and would really love to build an online community to assist people like me who are visual learners and need to be able to ask people directly what they are tying to learn.

Feel free to respond to this thread or email me at [email protected] to try and get this started.

Thank you!

Chris Timmons
Producer/Audio Engineer
5th Street Studios
5thstreetstudios.com
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Looking for electronic producer to help with a couple techniques

You mean you can't find those things you're looking for on YouTube already? I find what helps when searching for things is knowing how to ask the question. Google is pretty darn powerful in finding things. Then again I've always had a good head for researching material.

QAPLA!
Old 10-01-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You mean you can't find those things you're looking for on YouTube already? I find what helps when searching for things is knowing how to ask the question. Google is pretty darn powerful in finding things. Then again I've always had a good head for researching material.

For some things I cannot find what I am looking for after several attempts at searching. And this forum is a wonderful place to get help with that. But some times you need to have a visual representation of what you are trying to learn and or a real time explanation. I am wanting to start this to solve those issues directly. YouTube and other video hosting sights are wonderful for education but often times they don't cover in detail what you are trying to learn or they just tell you a bunch of steps but don't explain what those steps are doing and why they are necessary.

What I am looking for is a few experienced digital producers willing to take an hour out of their day maybe twice a month to cover predetermined topics.

The topics I want to keep open to anyone participating in this. Basically to offer them a one on one type of learning experience where they can ask questions directly.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:50 PM

There are too many of the offerings you talk about to count.

Every point you have in your post is covered to no end on youtube and other places. Some of them VERY good so why another one and spend time you never get back?

We use Groove3, Fab Dupont and his Puremix aswell as real life experience. Then you have quite a few of rhe absolute best Youtube Channels available free of charge and maybe the easiest to learn is into The Lair with Dave Pensado who is incredible and free aswell !!

There are soo many places to find what you are looking for you just can't miss if you search for it. And many of them top quality HD videos so I think this will be hard sell here on this forum actually.

BTW I moved this thread to General Discussion as it doesn't belong under PT12 section.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-02-2017, 01:24 AM

I disagree with you and would like to continue to see if anyone is interested in this. I don't know how to explain it better but I am not looking for YouTube tutorials or really trying to create YouTube tutorials. The recording video/audio is more to reference what was discussed or talked about. The idea is more to have a real time setting where you can ask experienced producers and engineers directly the issues you are having or the thing you are trying to create.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:25 AM

And have a visual reference to what you are learning. Bc the forum already provides the ability to communicate that through text, but not really through video or audio in real time.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
I disagree with you and would like to continue to see if anyone is interested in this. I don't know how to explain it better but I am not looking for YouTube tutorials or really trying to create YouTube tutorials. The recording video/audio is more to reference what was discussed or talked about. The idea is more to have a real time setting where you can ask experienced producers and engineers directly the issues you are having or the thing you are trying to create.

I think Christopher is right - plenty out there if you want to do the research. It's that simple. I think what you want, unless you're trying to also have for posterity what happens in the live thing is to have a Google Hangout. They may offer a way to archive the 'conference' and you'd have to check in to that.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2017, 05:39 AM

What I want is an experienced producer willing to use Team Viewer (free remote viewing and accessing program) as well as anyone wanting to view the video streaming off my desktop and be in a voip program such as team speak, discord, etc. (I have a TeamSpeak we can use as well) so I can be shown these things directly and in real time so I can ask questions real time and put my hands on it real time. I am not understanding what is hard to understand. Pre made videos are great and I'm not being lazy about my research. But in depth questions often times are not answered in the best of videos. It's hard to get questions answered by the creators of the videos as well. Basically what I am trying to start is like a bimonthly community of people who are interested in learning more in depth aspects of production in a hands on visual way. Through team viewer they will be able to use their system at home to control my mouse and keyboard to literally be hands on in real time. As well as the person teaching. It's a completely different kind of learning experience than the greatest of YouTube tutorials

It's like this. What you guys are saying is the equivalent of a recorded lecture by a teacher. I want to be able to raise my hand and ask the teacher a question directly. Not to be limited to what they think is best for their video. Not everyone learns the same and I believe there are people out there who could benefit by something like this.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:12 AM

Just look at Cymatics.fm who does livestreams like you are talking about and they give away exellent soundbanks for the popular VI like Serum and Sylenth1 every month.

Livestreams, Live Chats etc etc.

Academy.fm is the learning part of their website. Very well made stuff for the EDM and Dubstep/HipHop producers. They teach you how the VI's work and have deals with a few VI devs to buy the featured synths and plugins.

So thinking producers will do this for free is pretty far fetched.

PS. We are understanding you perfectly but the doubt is why when there are great platforms out there in the thousands.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-02-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Just look at Cymatics.fm who does livestreams like you are talking about and they give away exellent soundbanks for the popular VI like Serum and Sylenth1 every month.

Livestreams, Live Chats etc etc.

Academy.fm is the learning part of their website. Very well made stuff for the EDM and Dubstep/HipHop producers. They teach you how the VI's work and have deals with a few VI devs to buy the featured synths and plugins.

So thinking producers will do this for free is pretty far fetched.

PS. We are understanding you perfectly but the doubt is why when there are great platforms out there in the thousands.

I will look into these for sure and thank you for posting those links. But I do believe there are plenty of producers who will do this for free bc they are gaining from other producers as well. I feel like this industry is all about networking at its core anyways. And yes sometimes that comes with a price and even deserves a price. But what I am wanting to start isn't just me wanting three questions answered but rather a way for producers who live across the world a chance to interact directly and share with each other. I saw it as a give and take kind of thing.

My goal here is not to steal information that these producers and engineers have worked to accumulate through out their years of hard work, but a chance for people who are passionate about music to share their skill sets with one another which in turn would benefit everyone involved. I feel like at any point if you feel like you know everything there is to know about production then you don't have it figured out. With any art, influences and perspectives you gain help shape your own art. I definitely didn't get into production to make money. I do it because I love creating art through music. And want to share that passion with others. What's the point of creating art if you never share it with anyone? Sorry for the rant but I feel that there are people who might be interested in this. I want to build a community through this of producers and engineers who have people they can trust with their knowledge if that makes sense