Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 05:27 PM

Default Best and most influential SINGLE concert of your life...

Guys, I know I've been doin this to you a lot lately, but I'm TRULY interested... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Remember now, I said SINGLE concert of your life...

Alright, I guess mine would be Jeff Beck at Mud Island here in Memphis a few years back. It was a warm Summer evening and I was right up front. I cheered like a little kid after every song. Incredible class and style on the guitar... really inspiring night.

~Roy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2002, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Best and most influential SINGLE concert of your life...

Most inspiring? Definitely Joey Defrancesco, Dennis Chambers and John Mclaughlin 6 years ago at the Regatta Bar in Boston Ma. I was at the time totally enamored with the Tokyo Live album time and couldn't wait to be astounded. I was so moved and sobered by the fact that all 3 were having an off night! Imagine (I was 21 and very green at the time) here are 3 of the greatest players of their respective instruments in the world, all making clam chowder on stage! I will never forget the power of the realization that even the best can have off nights from time to time...
Old 03-22-2002, 05:48 PM

defintely Bjork in Toronto. it was her, a harpist, an 8 piece choir, Matmos, and full orchestra (40 plus). not only was it a flawless, beautiful concert, but it was impressive. whoever mixed that show definitely had their hands full, and did an amazing job.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:33 PM

Depeche Mode 1993 Quebec City!!

It was amazing!! 13 video screens, screaming fans, Great song arangements with fan participation. I've seen them twice since then in Montreal with bigger crowds, but nothing compare to that first experience.

Philippe Dumas
Old 03-22-2002, 07:06 PM

Roy, Roy, Roy...
I can't remember being too inspired about seeing any of the big "name bands" back in the good ol' days (too much recreational medicine maybe), however I do remember clear yesterday a CSN&Y concert in Toronto way back in '74 or so. Varsity Stadium, pouring rain. The band, under cover, was thanking everybody for being so stoic, braving the rain, good sports, blah blah blah, when from far back in the crowd someone shouted out, at the top of their lungs, F*** O** AND PLAY SOUTHERN MAN!!!!!
I dunno, it made a real impression on me. Maybe I'm gettin old. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2002, 07:17 PM

Eagles. Great Woods, Mansfield. MA. The "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Almost too perfect in some ways (to be live). I was dead center (in front of Joe W), the stereo image and overall
audio presentation was the most amazing live concert performance I've ever heard. If they were rolling a dat all they would have had to do was ship it to the CD plant. Instant LP.
Old 03-22-2002, 07:25 PM

Led Zepplin 1977 ... The first time I saw Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule in 1995.
Old 03-22-2002, 07:27 PM

Whoops! That was 2 concerts..tuff to pick just one
Old 03-22-2002, 08:00 PM

AC-DC /UFO. AC-DC had just released Highway to Hell (yes Bon Scott)and opened for UFO who I believe had just released their live album, "Strangers in the Night". That was a powerful night, all for the price of $4.40 + tax.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:04 PM

Three way tie Led Zep. Who, Paul Mc.