Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2002, 09:09 AM

Default Critical BTD problem: Midi "skips"???!!

Hey all,

I'm using 5.1 on a G4/350/386 and have this New problem:

During a BTD with 19 audio tracks and 5 midi tracks, the midi drums (no, I did not print them to audio) skip a beat at the same measure every time I try the procedure. What makes it additionally frustrating is that on normal playback (without trying a bounce) it's fine. Only during bounce to disk. I've done BTD 1000's of times in 5.01 with midi running alongside audio without a glitch. Any clue as to what may be causing this? I have a deadline and it's here! Help!!!! "ol 88 [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2002, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Critical BTD problem: Midi "skips"???!!

Try bouncing just the midi mix alone then importing that bounce back into the session (or just select the "import after bounce" option).

Click on the "spot" button and drag the audio midi bounce mix into a stereo pair. When you do this, a "spot dialog box" pops up. Click on the "original time stamp" arrow thingy. That will place your midi mix audio in the exact original location in the time line. Now just bounce the whole thing with the real time midi tracks muted.

I don’t know why your midi is "skipping" but if I had this problem, that’s what I would do.

Good luck,

dk
Old 03-03-2002, 08:52 AM

Thanks, I'll try that. It could be that everyrthing (audio too) is "skipping" at that point. It seems that the whole system "chokes" at this particular measure creating a "skipped" result...probably due to pushing my CPU to the limit. With that said, this still should not be happening. "Ol 88
Old 03-04-2002, 11:45 AM
Avid

This behavior may be tied to the 'bounce handler' error that some users encounter. Here are a few things to try:

- Reduce the Disk Cache in the Memory Control Panel to 512k and restart the computer.

- Disable Appletalk

- Close all unnecessary windows such as Plug-Ins and the Big Counter before proceeding with a Bounce To Disk.

- Allocate more preferred memory the Pro Tools and DAE applications. Click on the icon once to highlight it and choose File>Get Info in the Finder (shortcut: Command+I). Increase the DAE Preferred size to 70000k (70MB) and Pro Tools to 60000k (60MB). Never change the Minimum memory size. If you have, reset DAE Minimum size to 30000k and Pro Tools Minimum to 35320k.

- Be sure the Energy Saver control panel is set to NEVER (One user's system would throw this error during long bounces when the system tried to go in to sleep mode).

Brent