Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM

Default Anyone ever heard of the "Simply Music" piano teaching method?

I'm looking for a new piano teacher for my son. His previous two teachers were college age+. It turns out that while I really liked the energy and enthusiasm they brought to lessons, they also tend to get married and move away to start new careers.

I know of a woman who lives nearby who teaches voice and piano. I've done some mixing for her, taught her some mixing techniques, and keep her Mac & PT system running reliably. She teaches from the Simply Music piano method. Does anyone have any experience with this method either positive or negative? It would help in making a decision on this.

Thanks

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control