Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM

Default LE 8 install issues - hang on Structure.dpm and DAE error -1115

I just purchased and installed PT LE8 and I'm having some issues. I previoulsy had PT LE v6.9 and I am using a DIGI002 Rack. Prior to the upgrade everything worked flawlessly. Here are the specs on my computer:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
3 GB RAM
ASUS P5Q SE Plus mobo
500 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HD

First off, when I launched the program it would hang when loading "Structure.dpm" and then crash. This happened several times in a row so I moved the "Structure.dpm" and "Structure.dpm.rsr" files out of the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins" folder.

This got me a little farther along, but now when the load menu gets to "Creating DAE Objects" I get a DAE error-1115 and the program crashes.

I saw in a previous thread that having IE8 installed might be an issue. Any truth to that? Does anyone else have some advice? I'm stumped.

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Re: LE 8 install issues - hang on Structure.dpm and DAE error -1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymenetwork View Post
I saw in a previous thread that having IE8 installed might be an issue. Any truth to that?
Yes, definitely.
Quote:
Does anyone else have some advice?
Uninstall IE8.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I just purchased and installed PT LE8 and I'm having some issues. I previoulsy had PT LE v6.9 and I am using a DIGI002 Rack. Prior to the upgrade everything worked flawlessly. Here are the specs on my computer:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
3 GB RAM
ASUS P5Q SE Plus mobo
500 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HD

Are you running just the one drive?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM

OK I uninstalled IE8 and that fixed the hanging problem with structure. I'm still having the DAE -1115 error. I do have only one drive. But as I said, I never had an issue before with 6.9 and the same hardware.

Is there one common cuase of this error, or could it be one of many things? Any help would be great. I'm stuck right now with a system that doesn't work.

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Post a Sandra report and we could tell you more. It could be a number of things. Plus, you need to have a secondary device to record to. Though your system may have worked on older versions, chances are nil that you won't have headaches w/o one.

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Are you using MBox2?

From Digi,

DAE error -1115 on launch when using an Mbox 2 and a MIDI I/O with Pro Tools LE.

Separate USB ports on a machine may share the same USB host controller. If a MIDI I/O is plugged in to such a machine and then a Mbox 2 is plugged in, the Mbox 2 will not be able to function properly and Pro Tools will throw a DAE -1115 error on launch (the OS will also throw a "USB Host Controller bandwidth exceeded" message).

Workaround: Switch one of the devices to a different USB port/bus.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I do have only one drive. But as I said, I never had an issue before with 6.9 and the same hardware.

Thanks.
Every version of PT can react differently to unsupported hardware setups. Recording to your system drive is not supported.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-05-2009, 03:18 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but's what's a Sandra report?

As for having a 2nd drive, I do have a 2nd external Firewire drive that I have used to record onto, and that has also worked fine in the past. However, I can't tell if that's the issue because right now Pro Tools won't even load so I can't see if it records ok or not.

I can't even get the program to launch without the DAE error crashing it. It get's to where it says "Creating DAE Objects" and then crashes. The program exits as if I had Quit.

I'm using a Digi002 Rack.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:52 PM

Ok here are some updates on my situation...

*I ran the tech support utility and deleted preferences and databases.
*I reset the power harness on my 002 rack
*I did a Repair install of the software.

The first two things did nothing for me, but the Repair install gave 2 interesting messages. The first said that some Windows Media files were missing and needed to be installed from the Pro Tools install CD. I did order an install CD but I don't have it yet, so I have no way of knowing if doing that will make a difference.

The second message said that the system did not see Quicktime installed and directed me to download it from Apple and install it. Obviously, I have Quicktime installed and updated to the latest version. However I re-installed it for good measure and tried to Repair Pro Tools again. I got the same two error messages during the install.

Has anyone ever seen either of these errors when installing or repairing Pro Tools 8? Does this give us a clue as to what the problem is, or do I just have more issues than I knew about?

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:33 AM

wowouch

i just bought hd for my mac pro yesterday. brought my dd/mbpro home to put on my pc. i was orig running some 7. ver on the mac and upgraded to 8 w/no prob. but on the pc after following the directs (imagine that), the first time starts, 5x, after removing the entire program and reloading, it stops, like the orig thread, at plugin; "structure.dpm" . i give it a good 4-5 mins to see if it will advance and then a pt not responding error appears in the pc header. when i go to defrag each time after this happens, it looks like a train wreck, theres more red than i have ever seen, and ive been working comps since the amstrad 8088. looks like the bottom line of a federal budget sheet. i removed my m-aud revolution card and all drivers, halted all virus scans, ad-aware and spybot freebies, put cubase on a back burner,opened up the firewall door just in case it was trying to talk to dd but still nada.
hp 2.6 pnt 4
2g ram
other than a sony burner and an hp prtr its pretty striped. ill try a second drive and get back to yall. i must be something easy it always is.
peace out kihm