Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 07-30-2014, 05:47 AM

Default ezdrummer 2 quandry!

Hi all. I recently had a problem whereby deleting prefs caused the loss of plugins. The good tech people at Sweetwater tech support corrected the problem but kinda' left me in a quandary with ezdrummer 2. When I create a stereo instrument track and put easy d in the first insert on that track, the list of selections appears with ez d included but when I click on it an ez d screen comes up but it's blank except for a BROWSE button. When I click on that it takes me no where or at least I don't understand what to do next. How do I find the path to enable use of ezdrummer 2. Once I know how to do that I want to move it in to the same folder with the rest of my plugins where it used to be. Thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 AM

Default Re: ezdrummer 2 quandry!

Hi Terry;
This might take a few questions to resolve and you might want to cut and paste the your question to the Toontrack Support forum in the EZDrummer 2 technical support section. However, So when you open EZDrummer 2 in ProTools you don't get a drum kit. You mentioned a browse 'button' where is located on the screen (a screen shot would help)…. it's not the browse tab is it?

Have you pulled down the menu and used the 'rebuild database' option?
Do you have a number of EZDrummer expansions or just the basic Vintage and Modern kits?
It may be easy just to re-install EZDrummer 2….
Just some thoughts
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 07-30-2014, 11:37 AM

Authorize EZDrummer using Toontrack Solo... Which is available from your Toontrack account.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-31-2014, 04:43 AM

Thanks Rail Jon Rogut and bradch00. I just have the modern and vintage pkg. Basic ezdrummer 2. I'm not computer literate so I'm not capable of much trouble shooting. Again, this happened after trashing prefs when I deleted the wrong folder,(all plug ins gone). I guess I need to just reinstall ezdrummer again from the disk,(?) or will I need to go on line and re authorize ezdrummer again, (this will be the third time!). Thanks
Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 AM

I would just install EZDrummer first from disk if you have them (if not EZDrummer can be downloaded) and then see if the you are still authorized, chances are the authorization files were not removed, most likely just the plug-in files were. Let us know how you get along.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:23 AM

bradch00. Please excuse another dumb question. Where are the authorization files located? (I told you I'm not computer literate).
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
bradch00. Please excuse another dumb question. Where are the authorization files located? (I told you I'm not computer literate).
I am not sure where the authorization files are located on a PC and it might be a case where it's a register entry, I'm not sure. However it shouldn't matter at this point as you are probably still authorized as those files shouldn't have been disturbed. So (making sure Pro Tools is NOT running) Reinstall EZDrummer 2, (both 32 and 64 bit if you're using PT 11 or only 32 bit of you are only using PT10 or below) and then start Pro tools up and insert EZD2 on a stereo instrument track. (Or use Toontrack Solo). At this point you will find out if you are authorized to run it or not. If not, then select the "Authorize" button and enter in your Toontrack website userID/Password and because you have already registered that PC to your account it will find your previous registration and re-authorize. Let us know how you get along.
B
Old 08-03-2014, 05:12 PM

Your authorizations and serial numbers are on the Toontrack site under My Account.

If you run the IK authorization manager and enter the serial number it will authorize online.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 AM

Sam C. I just reran the ezd start up from disk and this time when the part that asks what file you want ez installed to I changed the selection to C\program files\common files\
digidesign\plugins. That's where all my standard plugins are located so I guess I'm ok now. I'll know for sure the next time I have to trash prefs. Right now I'm in the middle of a session and I don't want to do something to spoil it! By the way, I don't think I thanked you for your previous help so thanks.