Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-03-2001, 08:34 PM

Default Talkback mic

The thing I miss most about my Session 8 PC is the nifty talkback switch that I use to talk to people in my vocal booth (which does not have a window) what are y'all doin' for talkback anyway? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2001, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Talkback mic

I must say, I like that setup. That's pretty creative and crazy. I am far from having a good talk back setup at my place (no talk back cuz there is only one room).

But I'll keep that in mind, should project studio circumstances and low budgets perdure.

That's the best idea of the day for me today. I think I am really tired.

Juergen
Old 01-05-2001, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Talkback mic

A litle weird but it works for me!!

I have a SB Live Platinum working together with the Digi in my PC. I go from SPDIF out on my Digi to SPDIF In on the SB Live Drive on the front of my PC. This way I get my sessions to play back through the SB Live headphone jack where i have 4 headphones through a home made spliter.

I have a PC Microphone connected to the SB Live Mic IN, which has a knob with a switch so I just reach down to it and talk back whenever i need to.

I should make a pressing switch for my mic to make the process a little more comfortable anyway.