Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Default Artist transport Assignable knob doesn't work

Can someone explain to me what the conditions are for the "assignable knob" to work? The "assignable knob" is mapped in the EUCON Cubase template, but clicking the softknob, and clicking any VST knob in Cubase doesn't assign the wheel to that function.

Also in Wavelab (which doesn't have eucon support) I can map the "assignable knob" function to a Softkey via the command button, but again it doesn't react to anything.

For me this would really be a killer feature, I'm on EUCON 3.61 What am I doing wrong? or whom do I need to talk to, to make this work?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist transport Assignable knob doesn't work

Double check the guide attached. Cubase should work as it supports the assignable knob. Wavelab doesn't.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Assignable knob.pdf (176.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-18-2017, 02:48 AM

ThX Eddie, this works :)
But is it correct that his only works for the commands available in the Steinberg EUCON module? and not for 3rd PTY plugins used in Cubase?

I was hoping to be able to map the Transport Wheel, in non EUCON apps like you can do with soft keys mapping key commands? Or with splashing plugin parameters over the artist mix?

Last edited by Raphie; 09-18-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Avid

Unfortunately, only EUCON Apps that have the assignable knob implemented (eg. Logic, Nuendo and Cubase)
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM

Alright, then it works. :)

Can you give any insight on how easy it would be for Steinberg, if they decided to go that route, to implement EUCON Transport support for Wavelab? Can they work the same SDK as they use for Nuendo / Cubase or is there new work from Avid to be done as well? (Development, licensing etc?)

I might be able to convince PG, as I know that he didn't look into it, but might be open for adding if it's not that big of an impact.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Avid

This would be all their work, Avid wouldn't need to do anything.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphie View Post
Can someone explain to me what the conditions are for the "assignable knob" to work? The "assignable knob" is mapped in the EUCON Cubase template, but clicking the softknob, and clicking any VST knob in Cubase doesn't assign the wheel to that function.

Also in Wavelab (which doesn't have eucon support) I can map the "assignable knob" function to a Softkey via the command button, but again it doesn't react to anything.

For me this would really be a killer feature, I'm on EUCON 3.61 What am I doing wrong? or whom do I need to talk to, to make this work?
For me at least, the assignable knob works for most functions in Cubase. e.g. Fader level/EQ/Aux Send etc. It also works on pretty much all the Steinberg plugins. However it does not work for most 3rd party plugins. It works with everything from Waves but not much else from what I've seen.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:43 AM

ThnX J-S-Q, too bad I've sold all my WAVES.