Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-29-2003, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Sleepy Mac???????????

Check your energy savings in system preferences (in the dock). My new MDD G4 goes to sleep really quickly out of the box. Uncheck the "hard-disk" sleep option to keep the system running. I don't think ProTools supports the full sleep function, so you should turn it off.

rcm
Old 03-30-2003, 12:33 AM

Default Sleepy Mac???????????

If i walk away from my mac while pro tools is running for more than 5 min when i get back and try to do something i get this spinning colorful cursor that pops up like an hourglass in windows. Sometime's it takes 15 sec to execute something in pro tools while it is running.... Like it was sleeping... Is there something that should be disabled or something because it's really a pain when i have to do something right then. Any help would be great. Thanks

Computer:
mac Dual 1.25
1.5GB ram
OS X
PT 6
Old 03-30-2003, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Sleepy Mac???????????

Trakbites:

I tried that also and so far nothing has changed, it does seem like it's the hard drive that goes to sleep but i really have no idea to be positive. I do believe how ever that there has to be away to fix the issue, my ancient computer doesn't even do this.... Thanks for the response