Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 AM

Default Pro Tools First will not save my tracks properly

So here is what i have figured out
1) every time i click save and i look at my task manager and it says 100% uploaded. then when i try to close the project it says
-there are tracks with changes which have not been uploaded to the cloud
-there are tracks with changes on the cloud which have not been accepted.
2) i click close anyway and I try saving, closing, and reopening the project repeatedly, and despite recieving those 2 errors every time everything seemed to be going smoothly and saving properly.
3) Then I close Pro Tools First completely and reopen the program, then it shows a cloud icon on the right side of the project.. I click on it and it says downloading 0% transfered. after it opens back up thats when i see all the previous changes i made are gone.
4) I repeat step 3 again and then theres no cloud icon, it opens normally and all my changes are back.
it seems like its back and forth every time i close and re open pro tools it ether opens normally or re downlads the project from the cloud. so then im stuck with different versions of the project opening seemingly at random.
5) at some point i get the message,
-The local copy of "my project" and the copy on the cloud have conflicting changes. You can choose to download the cloud version or keep working.
This happens with any project that i create. All i want is to just work on projects and save normally. Why is this happening and how do i fix it?
my program: Pro Tools | First
I have a pc ASUS SSD 8g of RAM
my internet connection is good
my audio interface is focusrite scarlett solo
Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First will not save my tracks properly

Two suggestions to try: 1)try using cabled internet instead of WiFI and 2) upload each track individually before closing session. Also check the FAQ sticky at the top of the page in the PT First forum for answers
Old 03-02-2019, 07:47 AM

how do I upload each track individually? also do you know a possible reason why it says theres tracks that are not being accepted? could that be the issue?

Last edited by Itsjake; 03-02-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:55 AM

I'm seeing this too. I'm working with a cloud-based project. I press 'Save', the 'Task Manager' doesn't report any activity, yet when I try to close Pro Tools I get a popup saying "there are tracks with changes which have not been uploaded to the cloud" and "there are track with changes on the cloud which have not been accepted"!! How do I know what the problem is? It tells me nothing! This is not acceptable. I wait a few minutes & try again: same result. Do I quit anyway & risk losing data? In the past I have simply quit & things seem to be okay, but I should not have to do this. I can imaging a future conversation with support where they say "well, it did say your data was not saved"... I can't save it again, the 'Save' menu item is greyed-out!! FFS, this is ridiculous...
Old 03-16-2019, 07:10 AM

Yeah I havent been able to use pro tools first for months now because of this issue, ive spent countless hours serching for some kind of solution. I even called sweetwater support and they said they don't have any knowledge and support of pro tools first because its a free program. you would think that saving your work is such a simple task, but apparently its not.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:20 AM

Absolutely confusing, I agree. When working on a Cloud Project, you have options to save locally to your system, and/or save to the cloud. Look for up-arrows on your tracks in the edit window, this saves track changes to the cloud. Then, at the top of the window, find a larger up-arrow that will save the whole project to the cloud. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-27-2019, 04:55 PM

but pro tools first doesen't give you 2 options. Its almost like the program doesen't know what its supposed to save to. there are no arrows on the screen. The only way you can save is by clicking file then save, but my tracks don't save correctly when i do that. and when i try to close, it says my tracks aren't uploading to the cloud.