Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:54 AM

Default BUG! in PT10 random regions/clips won't play (elastic)

I just discovered that opening a session it is NOT guaranteed that all your regions or clips, as they are, will play their audio!

The session has track with elastic activated and regions/clips are copied with using copy region tool. The regions closer to the beginning of the session just wont play! They are active, but no indication of audio. Tried disabling plugins as I have seen plugins to kill audio like that but no.

Then later in the session they (these problem tracks) start working again. Copying the regions/clips that work later in the session to beginning and replacing the ones in the beginning will result in working clips, but only sometimes.

But god is that frustrating! I have gazillion tracks and clips and now it turns out I need to audition each region/clip to be sure they actually play.

Reason for me moving to Pro Tools ages ago was that other software simply did not do what it seemed they should be doing, like fully tuely follow automation etc. I never give too much discredit to Pro Tools not having all the features in the world, but I did deeply respect the fact that it worked with it's basic functionality, if a region is unmuted and fader is up it would play.

Now when errors like that start to appear it really really makes me angry. A region doesn't play here, a snippet doesnt play there.. This simply cannot be happening!!?

Tried importing the problem tracks to new session and the problem follows.

Will gladly send the session to someone for troubleshooting!

EDIT: here is the session, please see if this is acts the same on other systems: http://db.tt/yRVWeDnf (no fear, two MB session only)

EDIT2: here is "copy of session" in PT9 format and on my mac laptop the session and regions/clips play fine (PT9HD). So to me this seems like a confirmation we are talking about PT10 bug here. Probably clip gain related... http://db.tt/BHXokuRl (same as before, just couple of megabytes)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 PM

Default Re: BUG! in PT10 random regions/clips won't play (elastic)

So what people? Just silence??? Mac guys have confirmed this but nothing from here? Digi tech are you cheking this??? This is MAJOR!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Avid

Post Re: BUG! in PT10 random regions/clips won't play (elastic)

Thanks for the report and for providing the sessions. We're looking into this now...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thanks for the report and for providing the sessions. We're looking into this now...
Thank you!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:56 PM

I had a similar problem, but I wasn't using elastic audio. My audio wasn't playing back but the clip clearly showed activity. My meter was even moving as a sign that a signal was processing through, but no sound came through my headset or monitors. After a while, the meter stopped moving as well. I came here to find an answer and was disappointed. So, I went back into my session, deleted the audio and pulled the same audio back in from the clip/regions window. Tadaaaaa! it worked.

Hope this works for you guys

P.S.
This problem frustrated the hell out of me.
I recorded a vocalist who's best take was the track that wouldn't play.

Problem started January 4th 2015
Fixed January 5th 2015 at 5:45 pm Well pass my deadline.

Thanks, Avid.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:49 AM

Anyone find a better solution for this? I have clearly active clips that just don't pass audio to the fader. No volume or mute automation, and plugins disabled. The meter shows nothing. In another session, on an instrument track, the audio plays for one measure, then another region the meter shows audio passing, but I don't hear it. Very strange.

I'm on 10.3.10 on OS X 10.9.5

Thanks.

Last edited by AMZavareei; 11-07-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 AM

I tried removing the audio clip from the timeline, then put it back on the timeline from the clip bin. I went to finder to confirm the clip has audio in preview, and it plays fine.