Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM

Default Re: A Big Thanks To Avid!

+10. I am also eager to see what's coming down in the 00? camp. The new Mboxes definitely signal a move in the right direction. I've never minded PT being tied to Avid's hardware, as long as that hardware was good. These seem to be just that. Can't wait to see what's next, both in the hardware and software sides... well done Avid!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroNEe View Post
I had 18 I/O since the day the 001 came out! Back then I used my old blackface adat for the lightpipe ins, it wasent that great sounding but hey at the time it was great! Figuring out how to clock it all was a challange when you wanted to use the spdif ins as well, finaly found a word clock generator interface that let me use 1 device to clock all three devices. Man that was great, but building a PC to record 18 tracks at the same time was the trick, we were all building AMD boxes back then and overclocking, well some of us Good times!
Jeez, It wasn't THAT long ago! LOL
Old 09-16-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterMan View Post
...I've never minded PT being tied to Avid's hardware, as long as that hardware was good...
On this subject, for the first time ever, Avid is promoting the use of other DAWs and audio software with their hardware. I might also add that this is in their video promotion marketing campaign. This is a very clear indicator that they've decided to be a hardware company to the fullest. Quite the new bold move.

Only good things can come from this new direction.

+64!...again.

Shane

**That said, I dont see REAPER in the new add.

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-17-2010, 12:19 AM

You know , I am so excited about the prospect of a 'HD Native' - I know this is a Mbox thread - my gut tells me it would only be the '004' that would become the entry level hardware to Pro Tools HD Native. No doubt a track limit or bus limit or some feature limiting - all of which I could live with at an asking price of $3000 au ( $2600 US ). In fact I would jump at it like now...... any time.

I see Pro Tools HD Native as slightly crippled HD with the restriction of using only their interfaces ( 004 and others ? ) but no Mbox ( that will be LE land ).

But not to be pessimistic and I really hope I eat these words......... Its so close I can almost taste it but they will not deliver. And all these 'vibes' and 'leaks' we are hearing will just lead to another massive disappointment and this is something that will hurt their name even more in the marketplace and to be honest 'P%ss off' their long time customers.

Please let my gut be right - The idea of HD Native is so delicious!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 PM

+1!