Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 11:13 PM

Default Local/Cloud Conflicting Changes

Greetings

I recently recommended Pro Tools First to a singer/songwriter client and friend, for her first DAW and for laying down pre-production work for her upcoming album. I plan to later track and mix the project in Pro Tools 10, possibly exporting bits of her audio & MIDI files to my session. I created a session template and helped her get started.

Several weeks into her process I received a distressed call: The prior 2 days of work–audio & MIDI recordings and edits–were completely missing. She realized this after recording additional tracks (on, let's call it, day 3). So I exported all present audio & MIDI files (as backups) and tried to recover the missing data by Revert to Saved, Open Latest Auto-Backup, Showing Package Contents of Project Cache>Revision History>Autosaves...no success.

Then when I opened her session later that day randomly all data from day 1 & 2 reappeared, and day 3 was missing! I was grateful to export and recover the rest of her material, but this would be a frightening issue moving forward. Over the next couple days as we opened the session sometimes day 3 content was there and other times day 1 & 2 content was. This is bewildering to me, there's only 1 session available to open, I have no access to autosaves, and that 1 session opens different content at random. I don't know what error messages led up to the problem, but we kept track after that.

Today a new error message showed up upon opening that finally made sense of it: "The local copy of [session title] and the copy on the cloud have conflicting changes. You can download the cloud version (overwriting your changes) or open the local one." It appears there was some confusion on the cloud upload/syncing, and there still continue to be–every time we close her session (or a new test session containing only MIDI data) we get messages such as: "There are tracks with changes on the cloud which have not been accepted." or "...which have not been uploaded to the cloud." I've waited for hours before closing even this tiny MIDI test session to see if it uploads, but the cloud never seems to be satisfied.

Any ideas on what's causing this syncing issue? And how to prevent it from happening again?

Internet connection good–47 Mbps down, 5.5 Mbps up.

Pro Tools project cache and project file permissions set to:
username Read & Write
staff Read only
everyone Read only

Pro Tools First 12.8.1
OS Sierra 10.12.6
MacBook Air 1.7 GHz 8GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Old 03-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Local/Cloud Conflicting Changes

Ive noticed that this thread is from 2017. But i have been expiriencing the exact same problem. Did you come up with anything or find any solution?
Old 01-05-2020, 08:39 PM

We did not find an adequate solution using Pro Tools First, unfortunately. We switched to Logic and both feel it's a better fit for her. I still use Pro Tools, but haven't tried Cloud Storage since.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:42 PM

I’ve noticed that when things refuse to sync from the cloud, I need to log out of my account and log in again. Once logged in ‘again’, PT seems to be able to sync my changes and load the latest version of my project.

System Details